What's new

Bass shakers question (1 Viewer)

Kevinkall

Second Unit
I was thinking about getting a pair of these but I have one small question. I'm currently using the Kenwood 6070 receiver. Instead of using the 6th channel to drive a rear surround speaker it states that you can use that extra channel to power a sub. Can I use this extra channel to drive a pair of bass shakers? Thanks in advance.

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
I'd assume so - HOWEVER, to be safe, you should wire the pair in SERIES instead of parallel.

If it'll run TWO speakers, go for two 8 ohm SERIES units, rather than two single 4 ohm shakers... Reason being they'll individually have to work less, and it won't be as much of a load on the amp.

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
You could do it as it is pretty much just a speaker without the cone. But one problem, theres not much bass information or really any other in that rear center channel. In other words there would be one hell of a difference if you were running it off a separate amp from the sub pre out.
Just my thoughts.

Kevinkall

Second Unit
Thanks for the info!

You could do it as it is pretty much just a speaker without the cone. But one problem, theres not much bass information or really any other in that rear center channel. In other words there would be one hell of a difference if you were running it off a separate amp from the sub pre out.
Just my thoughts.
In the settings on my reveiver I can switch the 6th channel from a rear surround speaker to a sub. Should that make a difference?

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Umm, well I have never heard of that before on a receiver, but I would say if it dose in fact direct low frequency effects to that channel than go for it. I would just double check in you manual that you not giving up something else by doing this. Like losing your pre out for LFE to your sub if you are using one, or dropping other channels to power that out put as a sub.
Good luck though, let us know how it works out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks