What's new

Bass shakers for $20 a pair at partsexpress . (1 Viewer)

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
If you power them with a receiver, how do you prevent them from shaking all the time? IS there some type of low pass filter on the receiver or do the shakers only respond to low frequencies?

Chad Anson

Second Unit
Alternatively, you could use a subwoofer amp (the PE amp periodically goes on sale for ~$100 shipped) with a built in crossover.

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
Well I'd love to get some, but shipping would be $24 american. Any Canadians interested in ordering some extras for me and I'd buy them off you to save on shipping?

Marv

Stunt Coordinator
I have 2 Pro Shakers in my sofa and I am amazed at how much they can shake it. Having said that I am a little disappointed with their response. With a test disc I made at 5hz intervals the shakers have very little response at 25hz and nothing 20hz and below in my setup. But at $25 a piece I think they are a great value. I'm powering them with 250w @ 8ohms (series) which is a bit much for their rating but they don't even get warm. My girlfriend likes it when I put in some of my Bass Heavy cds so she can lay on the sofa and get a massage! I decided to try shakers after moving into town because the 18" IB I had in the old house would make for some angry neighbors now. Did I mention I miss my IB. Anyway I'm now using an old 12" sub (which is still to loud) and shakers. My goal is to build a dual 10" sub linkwitzed to 25hz-30hz to achieve about 100-105db and then have the shakers fill in below that. I will most likely use a Buttkicker to get down low (I will have to build a platform to accomodate its height) or maybe Clarks new Platinum TST if it goes low enough and then I won't have to build a platform.

Buttkicker

Clark TST's

-Marv

Tom Rosback

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Pro Shakers as well. There is a mod that reduces the resonant frequency by removing material from the supporting spider. This improves their low frequency response dramatically.

Do a search on "Guy Kuo Shaker Mod" on another popular forum and you'll find the details on how to do it. All it takes is a Dremel Tool (and a Torx driver to open up the shaker).

Highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks