What's new

Bass Shakers and amplification (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was giving my new Aura Pro Bass Shakers a test last night, having them connected to an older Kenwood AV receiver. I'm planning to get a plate amp for the things when I finally do the install. I was surprised that I had to turn the volume all the way up on the receiver to get any significant movement. Here are the particulars that might factor in:

- Wired in series to give 8 ohms
- Sub signal coming from the RCA output of my SVS sub, not split from my receiver
- Receiver for the shakers spec'ed at 100W but tests have shown it to be actually 50 (Kenwood VR-307)
- Source was the Bass Mechanic CD, not a DVD with the dedicated .1 LFE

Maybe I should throw in U-571 and watch at my normal levels?

Marv

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know anything about the SVS amp, but just make sure that the RCA jack output is not filtered. And how or what are the shakers mounted to?

-Marv

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
They aren't mounted to anything yet. I was just trying them to see if they worked. Output shouldn't be filtered as the subs can be chained together.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Oop! Just checked the manual and it IS filtered. Multiple sub hookup requires a Y adapter to split off from the receiver. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks