What's new

Bass Shaker question (1 Viewer)

Nathan Bjork

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, well I was thinking about getting the Aura bass shakers from parts express (50w model). Now I have a small room (10x10) and I sit on my bed to watch DVD's listen music etc. I share a common wall w/ my older brother and he gets pissed off at me becuase I have a Sony 12" 150w sub. So i figured I could get more effect with less sound. Ok... so I have an old 40-60w sub that I no longer use. Could I take that apart, remove the amp and wire up the bass shakers to to the amp then connect to my Sony sub's additional "out" jack? So from my AVR "sub out" to my Sony "In" another sub cable from Sony "out" to the old amp In, and then from amp to shaker? I was just wondering if this would work because it would get a little more effect from the LFE becuase thats the only channel it will be recieving.

P.S. Would I be able to feel the Aura while sitting on my bed?

Thanks

Burk W

Auditioning
Yep - this will work great. If you mount the bass shakers directly to the bed frame you should get the most shake - but you might have to experiment. 40 to 60 watts should be plenty to drive them - I have 2 50 watters connected to a 100 watt amp & it's turned almost all the way down. My couch still almost walks across the room during serious LFE stuff.

good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks