bass shaker connection

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Warren Hubbs, Nov 16, 2002.

1. Warren Hubbs

Warren Hubbs Agent

hello...i bought two aura pro bass shakers on e-bay...not sure how to connect them so this is what I've done ....from the info I've gathered from this site.........i ran a pair of rs gold interconnects from my icbm to my sub(when setting up my sub) utilizing one of the pair for the sub & leaving the other half as a spare...i found an old teak a/v receiver in the cellar....i put the receiver by the sub(happens to be next to the couch)i used the spare interconnect in the "phono in" jack on the receiver and into the 2nd sub out on the icbm. i then flipped the sub stereo switch on (back of the icbm)...plugged the receiver into the wall...connected the shakers in series & connected the shaker speaker wire to the right front speaker connection of the receiver......it works!
    is this a good configuration?....is there a better way of connecting these pieces?...would it be better to leave the mono sub setting on the icbm & put a "y" rca connector at the sub for lfe signal?....I've set up my 1066 & icbm as per dre's bass management report for 5.1 users...all speakers set to large......no sub .....no rear center

thank you for your time

2. Justin Ward

Justin Ward Supporting Actor

I could be wrong here but I think you should not use the phono input because it amplifies the signal too much.

3. Warren Hubbs

Warren Hubbs Agent

the phono input was the only one i could get to work....tried all the rest w/ no luck....