What's new

Bass Shaker Clearance (1 Viewer)

DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor
I just got my new couch. I have 5 inches of clearance underneath. Is that enough space for the bass shakers. If possible, I don't want to remove the fabric underneath.

Marv

Stunt Coordinator
If you using Aura's then yes, if they're ButtKickers, no.

-Marv

DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor
I will be using Aura's. I am still trying to decide between 1 50 watt pro, or two 25 watt models. The Buttkickers are a little be expensive right now.

Marv

Stunt Coordinator
I had two of the pro's in my couch. I did remove the fabric underneath so I could mount a board across some of the structure beams which I then put the shakers on. It worked very well.

-Marv

Marv

Stunt Coordinator
Yes it could be "overpowering", but after the intial oohs and ahh's you end up turning them down to blend more with your sub. Be sure to read the other shaker/buttkicker threads for more user feedback.

BTW- I felt two gave a more unifrom shake thru the couch than just one in the center.

-Marv

JimPeitersen

Second Unit
Guys,
Just so everyone is clear on this issue, the only difference between the regular shaker and the pro model is the exterior housing (larger heatsinks for better power handling.) The pro model doesn't "go lower" or "get louder" than the regular version. I've modded both models and have found that the extra expense of the pro models isn't really justified because when you use a multiple number of them the power to each is decreased to the point irrelevance. I am sure that I have photos of both models opened up, if people want to see what I am talking about.
JP

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Do these things go subsonic? Has anyone watched the "irene" scene in Black Hawk Down with bass shakers? Will they do the 5hz. :D

DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor
Jesse, go to partsexpress.com and do a search on Aura.
These shakers go down to 20 Hz, but everything I have read is that below 40 Hz it is pretty week.

JimPeitersen

Second Unit
See my other posts on the shakers. Suffice it say that the unmodded shakers are almost useless for truly sub-sonic information. Modded shakers are much better, but you will need multiples of them because of the relatively low excursion and power handling of the individual modules.
JP

Marv

Stunt Coordinator

I think I read something about that mod some time ago. If you have photos of the mod or a link please post it.

Thanks,

-Marv

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks