What's new

Bass setting question for Sony DE915 (1 Viewer)

RichardK

Second Unit
I finally put the .1 in 5.1 today (sony sa-wm40) and have a question on the bass setting for the front,center,rear speakers on my sony de915.

the sony gives an option to adjust the Hz level from 99Hz to 9992Hz? i am wondering what to set these at to get the best subwoofer bass performance. right now i am getting good low bass but that's pretty much it. my fronts are 3 way with 8" woofers and even with them set to small they are still pumping out some bass of their own. the sound is good but i am really wondering what the bass settings do.

should i set the level to 99Hz or 9992Hz, in between or...i have the sub connected via the subwoofer out to line in...

those of you in the know, please let me know.

thanx

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
I used to have that rec. I believe that you are looking at the tone controls. That model's "EQ" is confusing as hell...Anyway - try setting all speakers to small and open up the crossover knob to max. Let us know what happens.

- CM

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks