What's new

Bass Management Question (1 Viewer)

Chris_O

Agent
I have been doing some research on this forum and others and I have a question about bass management. If I set my crossover on my reciever to 100HZ, my surrounds and center speakers to small, my front speakers to large, and my subwoofer to on what happens? From what I have read I would think that the only sound that goes to my sub would be the sound on the LFE track, and the bass below 100hz on the other chanels would go to my front speakers.
Then if I set all of my speakers to small, the sound from the LFE track and all the bass below 100hz goes to my subwoofer.
Does this sound about right or am I way off? Also, which way seems to work best? The reason I as is because I just orderd a subwoofer and I am getting prepared to set it up as soon as it arives.
Thanks,
Chris
:)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Then if I set all of my speakers to small, the sound from the LFE track and all the bass below 100hz goes to my subwoofer.
Yep- and I would recommend this setting. Although, if you have the ability to set your crossover to 80- that might be better.

-Vince

PS: Chris- I have moved this post to the "basics" area- as you might find more people offering opinions on basic questions like this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks