What's new

Bass Health Concerns (1 Viewer)

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
I read that today while at work, its a wonder how all those kids in those hondas can hear at all...:frowning:

Greg.R

Grip

I can listen to loud music in my car with 40w mids - 1000w subs aren't because you like to listen to loud music, they're because you're a jerk who likes to wake up neighborhoods at 3am or give me a headache while I'm stopped next to you at a traffic light.

If only more of their lugs would collapse the roads would be a better place - not that I wish harm upon my fellow humans. Just do me a favor and try not to crash into me while you're gasping for air.

Paul Stanley

Stunt Coordinator
Try living (or should I say sleeping) in the 'Burbs during the last week of summer holidays... Makes me want to turn off my STF-3.

Patrick Nevin

Stunt Coordinator
I actually had that condition that those boys had and it was not fun to have. My lung did not collapse which I am thankful for. I did not get it by listening to anything loud so I don't know what cause it. I am glad it is over with and I hope none of you guys and girls don't get it.

Andrew*L

Agent
Hopefully this bit of news gets out to the urban youth who enjoy overdoing the bass thing. However, remembering the cocky teenager I use to be, I doubt that many will hear (no pun intended) :D

There are some practical steps that can and should be taken to address this problem:

1. Start penalizing manufacturers for encouraging kids to overplay their music to upset others. Its perfectly acceptable to sell your products based on quality, price, or other redeeming factor, but car stereo companies now blatantly advertise and encourage consumers to play their music loud for the sake of getting attention. This is irresponsible. Read some of the ads in car stereo magazines, and you'll see what I mean.

2. Implement maximum noise limits (curfews). I know most cities and towns have something already on the books to address this, but it is barely enforcable, with police responding only when a complaint is filed. There needs to be a greater emphasis on penalities for these offences, and not just a warning of, "please turn it down now, thank you".

The way I see it, kids will be kids, just as you and I were, and that's the way every generation is. So we should be going after the adults, ie manufacturers and local governments to enforce reasonable and responsible controls on this.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks