1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

bass EQ

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Polley, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Bill Polley

Bill Polley Second Unit

Can anyone recommend a good bass EQ, either tightly spaced graphic or decent parametric? I could use some help with a room that needs taming. Thanks.

2. Craig Woodhall

Craig Woodhall Supporting Actor

the one and only, behringer feedback destroyer.. do a search on bfd and you will find tons of info on it.. Fully-adjustable, can do dual subs, and you can dial in pretty much any frequency you need to tame.. or boost [​IMG]

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Bill,

Craig’s right – the digital parametric BFD is your best option for the money – as cheap as $125 at some outlets. Any "decent" analog parametric will cost more than twice that much (as long as we’re talking "new" prices).

Regarding graphics, you can get some budget 1/3-octave models for a little more than the BFD. However, the only ones with “tight” filters are high-end professional models – we’re talking $1-2000.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

4. TedO

TedO Stunt Coordinator

5. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    I would avoid the graphic EQs... you'll need to cut or boost very narrow frequency bands (1-2Hz wide). The other frequently mentioned parametric EQs are from Rane, Symmetrix, & QSC. Although more expensive, these work well at frequencies >1kHz. I A/Bd the Rane and BFD and couldn't hear any differences (for LFE use).