bass EQ

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Polley, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Bill Polley

Bill Polley Second Unit

Can anyone recommend a good bass EQ, either tightly spaced graphic or decent parametric? I could use some help with a room that needs taming. Thanks.

2. Craig Woodhall

Craig Woodhall Supporting Actor

the one and only, behringer feedback destroyer.. do a search on bfd and you will find tons of info on it.. Fully-adjustable, can do dual subs, and you can dial in pretty much any frequency you need to tame.. or boost [​IMG]

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Bill,

Craig’s right – the digital parametric BFD is your best option for the money – as cheap as $125 at some outlets. Any "decent" analog parametric will cost more than twice that much (as long as we’re talking "new" prices).

Regarding graphics, you can get some budget 1/3-octave models for a little more than the BFD. However, the only ones with “tight” filters are high-end professional models – we’re talking $1-2000.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

4. TedO

TedO Stunt Coordinator

5. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    I would avoid the graphic EQs... you'll need to cut or boost very narrow frequency bands (1-2Hz wide). The other frequently mentioned parametric EQs are from Rane, Symmetrix, & QSC. Although more expensive, these work well at frequencies >1kHz. I A/Bd the Rane and BFD and couldn't hear any differences (for LFE use).