Bass crossover on vsx-d811s

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nick Cerretti, Nov 10, 2002.

1. Nick Cerretti

Nick Cerretti Stunt Coordinator

I was set on the pioneer vsx-d811s receiver, but than I read its crossover could only get down to 100 hz.

Well, gee, is that a big deal? Did some research and found out the desired crossover is at 80 hz for receivers in my budget.

The question now is it worth it to drop the pioneer to get something that has a lower crossover. I'm using Paradigm Titans as my mains, which go down to around 60 Hz. I'm not currently using a sub at the moment. Saving up for a SVS 25-31 or 20-39 pci.

I do love the 811. Has everything I can ask for, and I enjoy its HT performace.

2. Sven_DP

Sven_DP Agent

Maybe you could look at the 1011/2011, 43TX/45TX in the States I believe. They have variable cross-over settings.

3. Jaimin

Jaimin Stunt Coordinator

I am curious too, cause I am really interested in this receiver as well. Will the fact that crossover is at 100hz, make buying speakers that go down to 80hz pointless? Or what about speakers that can dip into the 50hz range? I am assuming that not everything under a 100hz will be cut off, but still will the full effect of what speakers can do not be realized with this receiver if they can go below 100hz?

4. Pablo Abularach

Pablo Abularach Supporting Actor

Jaimin,

Dont take what I'm saying as the truth, there is always opinions on everything. So this is my opinion.