1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Basic stereo ideas

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by J0hn.M., Jan 22, 2003.

1. J0hn.M.

J0hn.M. Auditioning

2. J0hn.M.

J0hn.M. Auditioning

I am basically looking for something that will be prettly close to my car stereo

I have the Crystal Mobilesound CPe60s
    (6.5" mid and .5" silk tweet)
    and an Elemental Designs K 15
    (box = 4.5 cubes port tuned to 28hz)

Thanks

John

3. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    I looked at your parts list and it looks good except for the stock crossover. If you are going to build speakers, then you should know that the crossover is the most important part. You can take the most expensive drivers in the world and put a crappy crossover on them and they will sound like crap. Take some in-expensive Dayton drivers and put a custom crossover on them and they will sound great.

Here are some links to projects that use the same parts that you picked out. Wayne's site has some really good designs. I've built a pair of his DIIs that use the 6.5" woofer and 1 1/8 silk dome tweeter. They sound great. I'm in the process of building some DIIIs now. Also check out db's site. He has a sub designed around the same driver and amp that you picked out. Finally, for more Dayton sub ideas, check out the Dayton subwoofer archive.

-Robert