Basic (maybe stupid) IE question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike LS, Oct 31, 2002.

1. Mike LS

Mike LS Supporting Actor

This situation eventually resolves itself, but I wonder if someone can shed some light on an "on purpose" fix.

I find sometimes that if I'm online and stumble onto a site that uses popup windows, the popups resize my IE windows and in the future, every time I open IE, the window is in the size of the popup.

This also happens if I purposely resize an IE window....alot of times all future IE windows come up at that size.

Is there a way to get the IE windows to automatically come up full screen (or whatever size I choose) without having to resize each window I open?

Pardon me if this is a really stupid question, but it's just an irritant to me.

2. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

Open IE, maximize it, then close it. It should come up maximized from then on out. If a pop-up demaximizes the window, just maximize it again.

3. Mike LS

Mike LS Supporting Actor

That's what I've always thought, but recently, I resized an IE window and apparently closed it while it was resized. Now every time I open IE, it comes up in the funky size that I had it before.

I know it'll straighten itself out eventually.....

4. Chad Ellinger

Chad Ellinger Second Unit

As far as I know, it won't save the setting unless you manually resize the window (i.e. drag a corner handle of the window to the size you want). Hitting the maximize button will not work. There are third-party programs that will force a window to open maximized, however.