What's new

Basic (maybe stupid) IE question (1 Viewer)

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
This situation eventually resolves itself, but I wonder if someone can shed some light on an "on purpose" fix.

I find sometimes that if I'm online and stumble onto a site that uses popup windows, the popups resize my IE windows and in the future, every time I open IE, the window is in the size of the popup.

This also happens if I purposely resize an IE window....alot of times all future IE windows come up at that size.

Is there a way to get the IE windows to automatically come up full screen (or whatever size I choose) without having to resize each window I open?

Pardon me if this is a really stupid question, but it's just an irritant to me.

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Open IE, maximize it, then close it. It should come up maximized from then on out. If a pop-up demaximizes the window, just maximize it again.

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
That's what I've always thought, but recently, I resized an IE window and apparently closed it while it was resized. Now every time I open IE, it comes up in the funky size that I had it before.

I know it'll straighten itself out eventually.....

Chad Ellinger

Second Unit
As far as I know, it won't save the setting unless you manually resize the window (i.e. drag a corner handle of the window to the size you want). Hitting the maximize button will not work. There are third-party programs that will force a window to open maximized, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks