What's new

Basic Instinct Versions (Canada) (1 Viewer)

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
Wal-Mart has Basic Instinct marked down to C$14.88, so I knew it was finally time for me to pick it up! :) I was hoping to get the Unrated version, but the packaging wasn't very clear on this. I'm wondering if anyone who already owns this can help me out?
When I had seen the "ice pick" version in Wal-Mart before, it had always been explicity marked "Unrated Special Edition". This version just says "Special Edition". As well, it has "R" for the Canadian Home Video Rating. However, the receipt came up as BASNSTURDVD, and I would assume the "UR" to mean "unrated". I had also compared the Bonus Materials box between the "ice pick" and keepcase versions on a previous visit, and both had the notation "Also Includes Hot Scenes Director Was Forced To Cut!".
I am assuming this is the unrated version, but I wanted to confirm before I opened the shrink-wrap. This is the Alliance-Atlantis distributed Canadian version in the keepcase, and the spine number is 12065. Do I have the unrated version or not?
Thanks in advance!!

Chris M

Second Unit
I got the same deal as you recently, but my Basic Instinct says ON CD under the BASICINSTINCT title: SPECIAL EDITION UNRATED DIRECTOR'S CUT
the UPC code is 1223612065
hope that helps.
BTW, they have Total Recall with the "Baboon butt" packaging there for the same price :)
Chris.

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
Chris,
My UPC matched the one you gave, so I took a chance and opened the shrink-wrap, and sure enough, it explicitly says "Special Edition Unrated Director's Cut" on the DVD itself. You'd think they might mention that little tidbit on the packaging... ;)
I also noticed after I opened it that the back cover was a white insert that was slid in the case over top of the original silver back cover. The text looked identical, so I couldn't figure out why Alliance-Atlantis had done this... then I realized the original cover had the AR listed as 1.78:1, while the insert corrected it to 2.35:1. I wonder how many complaints they had received about the disc not being proper OAR?? :D
Thank you for your help with this, Chris!
PS - Yeah, I saw Total Recall. However, it was a movie I just had to get on street date... although the disc no longer lives in the baboon ass!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks