What's new

Basic Instinct sequel back on? (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Everybody who has not seen this disaster, take the $$ you were going to spend on tickets & buy the original film "Basic Instinct" on DVD. You will be getting a much better made film that is entertaining. I rewatched it on my R2 DTS DVD last night.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I can't understand why anyone other than Sharon Stone thought that making this film was a good idea.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I am so glad to see that this film tanked at the B.O. Note to Hollywood: hire some people with good ideas for a change and quit recycling crap like this.

David (C)

Stunt Coordinator
Yes but the audio and video transfers suck harder than

Basic Instinct 2’s weekend box office results.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Thanks for the warning Jason but I....can't....help....myself. :D

It was funny watching Ebert last night who asked himself why he didn't just give it a thumbs up because, even though the film is horrid, it's never boring because you sit there being entertained because it keeps getting more and more horrid.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Ha Ha Ha at this movie.

Juvenile response? Yes. I know.

But, so was the movie.

Truly one of the most inept moves in Hollywood since greenlighting "Dumb and Dumberer"

Catherine Tramell should have just appeared on Scary Movie 4 and called it a day.

I expect this movie to perform well in rentals just for the experience of seeing how bad it is.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
ok Im going to stick my neck out and I say I enjoyed this despite knowing it wasnt that good.

This was an example to me of a film that is so bad its entertaining. In no way does this actually mean the film is good, but when you take away the publicity surrounding the first film, I would hardly call that film good either. Yet still I enjoyed them both. It was overblown and trashy in exactly the same way as the first film. Stone is just repeating the character from the first film and brings nothing new to the character yet I still found her entertaining enough.

The biggest problem with this film is that it contains far too many scenes for its own good which are basically rehashes of scenes from the first film.

:star::star: out of :star::star::star::star::star:

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Does anyone know how much was cut out of the theatrical version? I didn't see any Stone interviews but I just read that she said an unrated version would be released on DVD. Since this should be on DVD in a few weeks, I'd skip the theatrical release if a lot was cut out.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Around 10 minutes or so was cut out of the film. I read this at another site. I would give you a link, but I don't even remember which site it was.

All the sexual scenes were cut. Laughs a plenty when they add those back in. If Catherine is shooting off wisecracks during those scenes, it should make the movie even worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks