What's new

Basic Instinct SE R2 (1 Viewer)

PatrikB

Grip
Looks like R2 is the winner on this title, luckily I never bought the R1 version.. but I will buy this for sure
Link Removed

Armand G

Stunt Coordinator
:D
Thanks. I just cancelled my R1 order and placed a new order for the R2 release.
Armand

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Is this R2 version an unrated version that is identical to the R1 unrated version in terms of content? :confused:

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
The R2 version is the same as the US unrated version. The film was only ever censored in the US. Picture and sound quality on the R2 is noticeably improved over the R1.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I believe that I'll pick this up to go with my soon to be bought region free DVD player with a PAL to NTSC convertor. I can hardly wait to hear Goldsmith's score in DTS!;)

HenrikTull

Second Unit
The R2 version is the same as the US unrated version. The film was only ever censored in the US. Picture and sound quality on the R2 is noticeably improved over the R1.
This is not true. The European version is the unrated version slightly cut. For example, the opening sex scene is almost as long as the unrated director's cut except for small cuts like the ice pick going through his noise etc. However, I do not know if this is the case with this edition.

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
This is not true. The European version is the unrated version slightly cut.
Are you sure? I thought only releases in the U.K. are sometimes cut. In The Netherlands for instance, I've watched Salo uncut on national tv.....
The German release of Basic Instict is 3 discs: the third disc being the Soundtrack:
Basicinstinctse.jpg

(BTW: the 2 disc S.E. is also available)

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
As well as DTS the R2 has the original featurette (at around 5 mins) which is not on R1

Also the screen tests are clearly selectable as extras rather than being hidden easter eggs.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Watched my recently arrived R2 version 2 days ago. The DTS sound was great! The content of the film is the same as my R1 uncut version. I didn't check out the extras though.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks