What's new

basic in-wall speaker question (1 Viewer)

Ajoy

Auditioning
I am in the process of wiring up by basement for home theater. I have been reading some posts and the question is :-
IS it enough to have CL-3 rated 12 guage wire run to all your speakers ( a 7.1 or 5.1 system yet to decide )..? I am new to the world of serious home theater and all along all the local retailers swear by monster cable ?
the prices some of you have posted in your other postings with reference to partexpress.com ...etc have very low prices as compared to monster ? Is monster just the hype or is there something which justifies the money. Since I was planning on investing some money into equipment, I did not want to sell myself short on cables, specially when drywalled...etc ..
thx

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
...local retailers swear by monster cable.
That's because local retailers make more money by selling you Monster cable. If you are concerned about future upgrades then run all the cable through PVC conduit. It will make it easier to pull all the old stuff out and pull in the new. Unless you're someone with sensitive hearing or expensive equipment...it's not very likely you'll hear a difference between $1.00/ft and $15.00/ft cable. (Thus starts The Great Cable Debate.
wink.gif
)
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks