What's new

Basic connecting speakers question (1 Viewer)

kat.hayes

Auditioning
Real Name
Kat Hayes
Sorry for having to ask this...I purchased a used Denon 3808CI without an instruction manual and am trying to connect it to some old Eosone speakers and a powered subwoofer.

The sub has 2 ports labeled Low Level Input and it also has speaker inputs labeled High Level Input.

1. Do I connect some type of RCA cable from the sub to the receiver?
2. Do I need to wire the sub to the receiver and the the speakers to the sub?

Thanks!

chuckg

Supporting Actor
Either way will work, but you generally have more options and a better chance to "tweak" the sound with option #1. It is not necessary to connect both RCA low-level jacks...usually the Left jack is used for a single connection.

Ennsio

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
If it will help, you can download a manual for your receiver from Denon's website here: Denon 3808CI product page

At the bottom of the page, select "Downloads and Manuals" and the product manual will be there.

kat.hayes

Auditioning
Real Name
Kat Hayes
Just to clarify, I can connect an RCA type plug from the receiver to the sub, and then the front speakers and center will connect directly into the receiver?

Thanks!

chuckg

Supporting Actor

Yes, that is correct, and is the preffered method. That manual download (above) will be very useful to you as you set up the speaker distance, subwoofer crossover point, and everything else!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda19798888
Recent bookmarks