What's new

Basic Audio Calibration Question (1 Viewer)

Jim Spencer

Stunt Coordinator
I'm trying to calibrate with VE. I have a Kenwood VR-507 receiver. Do I change the volume settings for each speaker with the speaker settings which go from -10 to +10 db? And when i do this i only get the tones from the receiver. So do I play with these and then listen to the test noise from VE? Hope this is clear.

Marc Rochkind

Second Unit
Can you clarify what you mean by only getting test tones from the receiver?

Do you mean that you get the test tones and not the audio from the VE disk, or both together, or only the test tones when you are actually changing the volume setting followed by the VE audio?

Does changing the volume settings affect the volume of the audio from VE?

Jim Spencer

Stunt Coordinator
I only get the test tones while changing these settings on the receiver. To get the audio test from VE I have to get out of the setting mode on my receiver. Yes changing these setting does change the volume level on VE. Its just a pain having to switch back and forth, if this is the correct way of doing it.

Vin

Supporting Actor
Its just a pain having to switch back and forth, if this is the correct way of doing it.
Unfortunately there's no other way to do it.....but knowing that the receiver's test tones are inaccurate makes the exercise worth the trouble, for sure.

Good luck,

Vin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks