1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Bash 1000watt 4ohm vs Crown K2...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Anthony_Gomez, Aug 21, 2002.

1. first, I am not looking at selling my K2...this is just something I have on my mind.
    www.acoustic-visions.com is selling some 1000watt bash amps for only 450. currently it is only availible at 7ohms min, but there was talk about a 4ohm version.
    lets say that you know that you do not need the 2ohms/channel stability of the K2. How does a pair of 1000watt/4ohms bash amps compair to a single Crown K2.
    Both are convection cooled. The K2 is 800watts/ch at 4ohms. A crown K2 is ~$1300 while a pair of Bash's is $900. Any opinions?
    (if you can't tell, this is a stereo subwoofer thing)

2. Griff

Griff Stunt Coordinator

The bash amps are a bargain at that price, and they have the added bass controls that the K2 lacks. What sub are you running that would require such wattage? The only reason i can see you needing that kind of power was if you were using some sort of serious LT.

3. The drivers I currently use are a pair of 1503's
    Any of my future drivers range from a min of a pair of Brahma 12 to the .......well, not sure what it will be called, but I'll just call it the Stryke Super Duper 15 [​IMG]
    They have 3 bass control features that I can think of.
    1) phase switch (I can easily change the wiring at the binding post)
    2) variable XO (I currently use the Outlaw ICBM..so I don't need this)
    3) rumble filter. This is good if I go the PR route...bad with th LT route.
    ..but I do agree...they are a bargain. That is why I mentioned them. I wonder if their output is true continuous RMS, and if they are thermally stable at continuous usage...and what crest factor they use.

4. Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey Producer

Anyone know the specifics on the rumble filter?

This is from the SVS site from their BASH page:

5. Scott Simonian

Scott Simonian Screenwriter

I guess they are wrong then. [​IMG]
    Anthony, I bet your K2 has a dampning factor of about 5x of the BASH amps. To me, that would be significant. But thats me.
    Id keep the K2 regardless. We all know how much you love your K2; you are always bragging about it. [​IMG]

7. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

Ron mentioned something about a switchable rumble filter. Has miminum of 3 different settings appropriate for the different SVS sizes and tunings. And I'm sure a few other extra or tweaked features. Some of which us DIYers would like, some of which we could care less about I'm sure.

8. Scott Simonian

Scott Simonian Screenwriter

I sure it might have something to do with the "Black Box" that SVS carries. Isnt that a crossover/phase/rumble controller?