Basement plans

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by BlakeN, Oct 28, 2004.

1. BlakeN

BlakeN Stunt Coordinator

Hey I thought some of you might want to look over my basement plans and give some advice. http://brainfreeze.gotdns.com just click on basement. The web page is a work in progress so please be kind [​IMG]

I am working on schematics for the area that says shelving/equipment its going to be 2 separate built in shelving units. The equipment one will go back deeper underneath the stairs with built in power and hopefully all the jacks I will need, and possibly a few silent fans for air movement. I will post the schematics later.

BTW Im hosting this at home. I have 1mb up but it might get slow with the kind of trafic this place gets.

2. BlakeN

BlakeN Stunt Coordinator

I have made a few changes to the plans to comply with some code issues and I have uploaded the equipment/media rack. Its a pretty simple design but it is to scale. The equipment part will actually go farther back into the wall (under the stairs) and have all the necessary outlets. Then I will just make short jumper wires to hook up all the equipment. Thats the plan anyway. Interconnects between devices will most likely use the tradition hole just so there are fewer connections.

don't be afraid to give some criticism better now then after I have it done and I forgot something [​IMG]

3. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    I guess I don't have a clear idea as to what you are doing with the room. Is it a HT or bed room? The eq. shelf seems to be really small unless it is a really big room. We need room dimensions on the layout drawing.
    Are you running a PJ or RPTV? How about seating?

Need more input!

Wes

4. BlakeN

BlakeN Stunt Coordinator

The room is going to be an HT but Im only going to be living there for about 6 more years so Im building it to bedroom code. Sorry for the confusion. There will be a pj located somewhere arround the celing mounted power. The room when finished will be 20x14ish. Seeting is going to be 2 couches in the classic L shape. The back couch will be placed at about the egress window 16ft.

As for the media center. Im at work so I dont know the exact dementions but I think its arround 6ft tall x 8 ft and if I remember correctly I estimated the whole thing will hold about 986 DVDs. Each shelf on the Equipment part will hold a piece of equipment. When I get home Ill type in the dementions. Sorry I didnt bother to do that because its all listed in VISIO but it didnt export.

Forgot to mention that the equipment part of the media area extends under the stars. I need to draw a doted line there or something.