What's new

baseball: team scoring in every inning (1 Viewer)

EricW

Senior HTF Member
about ten years back i had read a column in Baseball Weekly about how a team (i believe it was the Jays) had almost done something no team had ever done in MLB history: score at least one run in every inning (well, this was ten years ago but i'm pretty sure i read it). my question is, has it happened yet?

Danny R

Supporting Actor
Its been done multiple times!

It was done for the first time in the 20th century on June 1st, 1923, by the Giants.

On September 13th, 1964, during a 15-2 blowout at Wrigley Field, the Cards did it again.

The third time came when the Rockies did it in 1999... also against the Cubs.

The Rockies did it again in 2001 vs the Padres.

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
As a variatin on this question, I wonder in how many innings a season that a team scores. Obviously a good team will score in more innings, but teams now play for the three run homer and the big inning. I wonder if a team can score in less innings but because of more big innings have a good record.

In other words, would a Earl Weaver team playing for the three run homer, beat a Pete Rose managed team that gave up a lot of outs to get a run?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks