Baseball Cards- How much are these cards worth?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marc Carra, Dec 23, 2001.

1. Marc Carra

Marc Carra Supporting Actor

Can anyone here give me a rough idea of much much these particular cards would be worth?

Hank Aaron 1958 topps all-star card. Bout 8-9 out of 10 scale. keep great

Stan musial 1958 topps all-star card. Same condition as hank aaron.

Real autographed pat listach 1992 upper deck rookie card. (9+ out of 10)

1987 barry bonds topps card. 9.5+ of 10

1987 topps mark mcguire rookie card 9.5+

1990 upper deck sammy sosa rookie 9.5+

Bowman 1989 ken griffey jr. rookie card 9.5+

1986 topps traded barry bonds rookie card 9+

I would really appreciate this , if anyone can help!

Marc.

2. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    i'll give you $10 for the whole lot. [​IMG]

3. Doug R

Doug R Supporting Actor

That's pretty much impossible to answer. You need to get them professionally graded by either Beckett or PSA. It costs like 10 bucks a card if you send them 10 at a time. A perfect 10 can fetch a LOT of money. But 9's and below aren't as sought after.

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Marc, I would agree with Doug on this one. In this day and age, the way to best assess asking price (note I didn't say 'value') is to have the cards professionally graded. If you were looking to sell them on eBay, you could always make an objective determination as to the condition and use price guides to determine the asking prices, but having them professionally graded is the best way to go if you are looking to sell. However, it really only makes sense to have modern cards (the Griffey, Sosa, McGwire, and Bonds cards) professionally graded if you really feel they are gems. Those cards are so common that only Gem Mint 10s, and possibly Mint 9s, are of interest. Of course, more leeway for condition is given to older cards.

Finally, I would say that the Listach card isn't worth much. For one thing, Listach never developed into superstar. Secondly, not all collectors assess added value to autographed cards. Some feel that autographs actually deface a card. Autographed baseballs, bats, hats, and jerseys are universally appreciated, but autographed cards are not. Finally, there is the issue of a collector verifying the authenticity of the autograph. I am not saying that it is a forgery, but I am saying that it may be difficult to prove to collectors that it is authentic. This is why Upper Deck Authenticated and Ken Goldin Sports (former Score Board) autographed memorabilia commands a premium.

5. Marc Carra

Marc Carra Supporting Actor

Thanks for the info, guys. They aren't my cards. I'm selling some gear, and someone offered a trade for those cards. Judging by the info you gave me, I think I'll pass on the trade!

Marc.

6. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Marc, I guess it depends on the gear, but I wouldn't make the trade. I'd try to unload your gear on eBay.