What's new

Barry Lyndon (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
And Allen Skurow finally resurrects a thread worth bringing back to life. In this case, Allen, I agree with your assessment a hundred percent.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
*coughs, sneezes, and blows nose*
Damnable allergies. They always get in the way.
Anywho, I bought the Kubrick Collection some time ago, and I've made it a point to watch the films in the sequence the package came in, which I hear is close to how the movies were released.
I saw Lolita (terrific) and revisited some ones such as Dr. Strangelove: Or How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love the Bomb (excellent and funny, but I can't say that I'm enamored with it as the upper echelon of the HTF is). and 2001: A Space Odyssey (A lot better in OAR and my opinion of it has changed, for the better, although I still contend its not my cup of tea).
I realized I stopped short of Barry Lyndon. As my previous post will attest, I rented it (before I bought the collection) and was unable to finish it due to forgotten school work that was due the next day.
Well, fast foward to today (where I have the Kubrick Collection), and I decided to give it a spin.
I'm at intermission right now, but I have to get to bed due to class tomorrow. Well that, and I'm sore from lifting. I just have a minor question: is the narrator's voice supposed to drop out before the intermission card shows up?
Oh yeah, I'd like to echo the sentiments in this thread. The positive ones at least (sorry george :) ).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks