What's new

Barney Miller (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
There are couple of threads on Barney Miller, but they are either archived or relate to a particular season.

I have the complete Barney Miller set as such I watched an episode today as I like to periodically as part of TV viewing. I watched the episode with hashish brownies and it was very funny!! Barney Miller at the end was classic when he talked about the previous day, especially the response from his officer!

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I haven't watched it when I was a kid, and I was probably "persuaded" by my father's dislike for the show. I might have to give it a try again and see how it fares now!

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
I'm a computer programmer and one of our clients is a large police agency. Having sat with them for one complete "tour" (or shift), I can say that these people are exactly like The Barney Miller Show. All that was missing was a live studio audience, unless you counted me laughing.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
younger1968 said:
There are couple of threads on Barney Miller, but they are either archived or relate to a particular season.

I have the complete Barney Miller set as such I watched an episode today as I like to periodically as part of TV viewing. I watched the episode with hashish brownies and it was very funny!! Barney Miller at the end was classic when he talked about the previous day, especially the response from his officer!
Did taking the hashish brownies make it funnier?;*) I recall the show being amusing more than funny. It never struck me particularly as a great show, but some of the characters (Insp. Luger, Fish) has their charms..

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I watched this as a kid with my parents and enjoyed it a lot. The cast and the characters are so great and my favourite story line on the series dealt with Harris' book "Blood on the Badge". I caught a few episodes on Antenna TV and it seems to hold up well, I'm just waiting for the complete series set to drop to a price that I can afford.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
The Brownie episode was hysterical! One of my favorite shows of all time up there with All in the Family, Sanford, MTM. Also makes me remember other shows I don't yet own, like Alice. I just love this kind of comedy.

Fish was an awesome character, but Det. Harris... I can't hold it together anytime he gets off a good one, which is often....

"I'll call the cookie truck..." "... banana boat..." "disoriented express.." :lol:

RonGlass.jpg

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
You can't forget Jack Soo's Detective Yemana.

Yemana: Barney, divorce is like a horse with a broken leg. You can shoot the horse, but that don't fix the leg.

Yemana[color=rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(252,250,231);]: [[/color]eating Chinese take out with pencils] Just call your insurance company. Yes. Don't mention it.
[hangs up phone]
Yemana: Oh my God. I ate my eraser.
Yemana: [when he's stoned on the brownies with the hashish] Barney, Barney, Barney, is your mother from Killarney?
[a minute later]
Yemana: What do you say we guys go down to the beach, and shoot some clams?
Dietrich: I've always admired the Japanese outlook on death. The calm acceptance, the treating it as a part of life...
Yemana: [to Wojo] I dunno what he's talking about - personally, I'm going kicking and screaming all the way.
Wojo: Well, why don't you tell him that?
Yemana: I like my image.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks