What's new

Barnes & Noble - TV BOX SETS SALE - BUY ONE, GET THE SECOND FREE (1 Viewer)

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
TV Box Sets Sale
Buy One, Get the Second FREE!
Start the year off with a bang for your bucks: Buy one TV box set, get the second FREE! Choose any two of the hundreds of great collections marked with the special Free DVD Offer icon, and the cost of the less expensive title will be deducted at checkout.

TERMS & CONDITIONS
TV BOX SETS

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I've been told that in stores, this offer is valid on *all* TV-on-DVD sets. (Online, it's just the ones with the special logo.)

if200

Agent
Real Name
Diane
If you go to a Barnes and Nobles that carries DVDs, you can order any TV DVD using the promotion and they will ship it to your home for free. In addition you can use the 15% off in store purchase coupon that you can find a link to on dvdpricesearch.com

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Yes, that is true. I picked up Seasons 1 and 2 of The Wire for $54.00, total. They even had a 10% discount on the set. Neither of these are listed as available on-line.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
The email that I received from B&N stated that to qualify the set had to contain two or more discs and retail for $29.99 or more; that may be why they have the special logo online. I stopped at my local store tonight and out of the five sets I am looking--of which they only had two--for it would still be cheaper to go through Amazon.

Wayne_Marshall

Auditioning
Real Name
obiwayne
I've had great luck with this promotion!
I got the first two seasons of Alfred Hitchcock Presents.
They were $39.99 each and then my club membership took 10% off each one before subtracting one as the free item.
Total for both was 34.01 with tax.
I also got:
Animaniacs Volume 1 & 2 for about $37
Muppet Show S1 and Sesame Street: Old School for 34.01
Pee Wee's Playhouse Volume 1 and 2 for 34.01
The Complete Office (UK) and Complete Fawlty Towers for about $47
and last the Complete Black Adder for 85.10...I got a copy for me and one for my brother. Essentially a $99 DVD set for $50.
So I've spent $200+ on DVDs but I have about 90 hours of new DVD material to watch.

Oh!
Be careful with the 15% off coupon. It's for one item and the sale automatically removes the least expensive DVD so it is a waste to use it for this sale.
I found out the hard way.
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

There are A LOT of sets that don't appear to be eligible on the B&N website. For example, no season other than season 1 of Curb Your Enthusiasm is eligible.

I think it may have more to do with titles that are already discounted online but sold in the stores at list price.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I think you are right about this, although I still got a great deal on Season 1 and 2 of The Wire. The price on-line is 20% off list price, but I was able to get a 10% off list price, plus the second season for free at the store.

B & N store price for these two sets was the same as my local Best Buy. So, there are bargains to be had on this sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks