What's new

Barnes & Noble Semi-Annual 50% off Criterion Sale (2 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Not much for me this November as I previously purchased most of the titles I wanted during Target's Buy 2 Get 1 Free and Criterion's Flash sale. I ended up buying just three titles this time and two of them are November pre-orders.

Russell G

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Nothing for me this sale. Between exchange rates, shipping/customs and what not I can't justify ordering anything from the states anymore. hoping Unobstructed View does a matching sale in Canada.

David Norman

Premium
Nothing for me this sale. Between exchange rates, shipping/customs and what not I can't justify ordering anything from the states anymore. hoping Unobstructed View does a matching sale in Canada.

Have they not yet? I know the last 2-3 sales it started nearly simultaneously so maybe look for the next day or two -- or even next few hours

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
4)**** The Major Question Mark centers on the fate of the 10% In-Store Only Member discount -- 1st reports say this isn't working on in-store purchases. It appears the July Sale is the last of it's kind.

That's a major bummer. Was thinking to at least get the Essential Fellini set (amongst others) w/ that. Ah well, guess that means I'm not renewing my membership...

_Man_

Russell G

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Have they not yet? I know the last 2-3 sales it started nearly simultaneously so maybe look for the next day or two -- or even next few hours
I haven't seen a tweet nor checked the website. I'm not losing sleep yet haha. I'm not huge on their shipping either but they get the job done.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
4)**** The Major Question Mark centers on the fate of the 10% In-Store Only Member discount -- 1st reports say this isn't working on in-store purchases. It appears the July Sale is the last of it's kind.
I didn't get the extra 10% in store this morning either.

Personally, I buy plenty of stuff in there that makes my membership still worth it but it'd certainly be nice to get another $2 off of all the Criterions I buy there.

Russell G

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Also, Unobstructed View in the Great White North are doing 40% off the CDN retail. Pretty good considering the exchange and nightmare shipping out of the US.

1604699434231.png

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I ordered online through the Essential Fellini. Now I'll have all the spine numbers in the collection through the end of November.

Reactions: PMF

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I picked up Rebecca, Portrait of a Lady on Fire, and The Elephant Man.

The first I thought I had as part of the UK Alfred Hitchcock Masterpiece Blu-ray collection until I went to watch it when the new Netflix adaptation came out.

The second I tried to get during the last B&N Criterion sale, but it was sold out locally and online.

The third is new since the last B&N Criterion sale.

Picked them up in store, but I ordered them online as soon as the sale went live overnight after not having much luck pulling them off the shelves the last few B&N Criterion sales. So I have no idea whether the 10% in-store discount is being applied to the sale prices.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

I let my membership lapse after YEARS of having it. I was going to rejoin if it still worked, but alas. This means I'll shop at B & N a lot less and that Amazon will get more of my money.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Picked them up in store, but I ordered them online as soon as the sale went live overnight after not having much luck pulling them off the shelves the last few B&N Criterion sales. So I have no idea whether the 10% in-store discount is being applied to the sale prices.
If I had to make a guess, probably not -- just the other day I placed an order for some books using my 20% off Educator-discount, but unfortunately the extra 10% "in-store pickup" code didn't stack along with it. With this basically being a 50% off sale already, I'd be shocked if it did here as well (I ordered six Criterion BDs this morning, but didn't try the code since I went for straight mail-shipping).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
merrickw