What's new

Barnes & Noble 40% Off MSRP Blu-ray Pre-Christmas Sale (12-18-18 thru 12-24-18) (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'll post this in anticipation of the Sale following normal rules

Barnes & Noble 40% Off MSRP Blu-ray excludes Disney/Marvel/Lucas (EDIT Criterions appear to be 40% online)
Tuesday Dec 19 through end of business Sunday Dec 24

1) Should include all Blu-rays in-store except the excluded categories -- DVDs are usually not included in the Dec Sale. Movie, TV Sets, and 4KUHD are usually eligible. Some Music items including a LP or CD with Blu-ray are classified as Music and aren't normally included. In-store also includes items available for ship to home. There are a few studios and items classified at Web Only which function as 3rd Party and aren't included though there aren't many in this group

2) Online -- usually about 2/3 of items are included. Some studios like Warner Archives rarely are included online (I think there were 3 or 4 items last year), but are discounted for the store generated ship to home orders. Newer release items often are excluded as well.

3) 10% Member discount apply in-store. Coupons both on-line and in-store have been mostly excluded the last couple sales, BUT NOT entirely so it's always worth a shot.

20% Off Single Item Online
D4M8K3B
-- Unknown Expiration. Could be Dec 31 exp

20% off orders of $50+ ONLINE
TIMETOGIVE

Expires December 20, 2017 at 2:59am Eastern Time

25% Off Single Item
Store Coupon T8Y9U4E and Online Coupon WISHLIST
valid at BN.com from December 18, 2017 at 12:01am to December 22, 2017 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from December 18, 2017 to December 21, 2017 at close of business

The newest set of Coupons do not specifically exclude items in the 40% sale (YET) so we'll have to see how that works on Tuesday either online or instore

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
40% prices are starting to show up unexpectedly including Criterions.

Arrow Items are also 50% off

Nolan 4K went OOS almost immediately after it went live for order. This set appears to be OOS are several websites and many people have gotten Delayed Shipping email so this may not come back into stock for the sale. Like the Twilight Zone zone last year the prodcution stock may be very sparse for the first few weeks though I guess there is some hope,

Harry Potter 4K set is $86 with the 25% code.

Last edited:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm gonna head over at lunchtime on the way back from the post office. See what is in the store (or what isn't) and how this works. Thanks David!

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The Warner Archive films and TV Season Sets are 40% off but the only way to get them at 40% off is to go to the store and request ship to home. The stores do not carry them in stock and their website does not include them in the 40% off sale. However they are included if you order them from the cashier and request ship to home. With membership and the 25% off coupon I got Auntie Mame and the Superman 2 version film Warner Archive set for $8.90 each. IZombie Season 3 $16.19, Lucifer Season 2 $19.xx. Tax is extra. There is always the chance they will disable the coupon on the 40% off blu rays but it was working this morning. To use coupon on multiple items you have to place a separate order for each item. I came to store with multiple copies of coupon and they allowed me to place multiple orders. Some store may not allow this. Some stores may refuse the coupon on the 40% and 50% off items. Not sure about shipping cost if you are not a member. Members get free shipping.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That;s my usual type order. it's the only way to really get those WAC TV sets for a low price, While the regular $22 movies do go on nice sales several times a year at various places the TV sets are rarely ever more than 20% off. The larger Xmas coupons also make this sale astounding for these sets.

BN ship to home program is an astounding asset to use. My $25 Membership fee has been more than well worth it 20+x over with double member discounts 4 x this year, Free shipping on all order, plus just the regular 10% off most purchases.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

There appears to be a 25% Nonmember Coupon STORE ONLY available. BN Frontpage has a big banner that says "PRINT COUPON" which should mean a generic code, but the emails coming out not are Unique Id codes. I don;t see any new exclusions concerning MOVIES, but I'm not sure what's up right now. Once things clear out in the morning I will try to re-post in new details

Members should be seeing a 30% Item for Store Use

Not great but at least a small Whole cart code for online

10% of $35-59.99 or 15% of $60 or more
LETITSNOW
-- expires 12/25/2017 2:59am ET

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It appears the the weekend coupons 25% Off Single item will be store only and unique one time use codes. If folks can use some extras I do have several (lots) to give out for anyway that can use them, so just send me a PM and tell me how many you could use

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks for posting this, David. I missed out on the 25% code, but the 20% code D4M8K3B still worked online. I was able to order the Harry Potter UHD set for about $85 plus tax (came to around $91 after tax and free shipping).

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Usually the last few days preChristmas the coupons are STORE Only to push traffic to the B&M.

The instore coupons do work on the store computer generated SHIPTOHOME orders for those items not in store, but in stock at the warehouse. The STH orders also allow member discounts since it's considered an in-store purchase. Some stores will also take phone orders for ship to home though it can take a bit of time so try to call when you think the store might be settle down -- early morning or closer to closing at least for some stores

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I received a 30% off a single item in-store only coupon. I went to the store and ordered the Criterion BD set of 100 Years of Olympic Films. 40% off BDs; 10% off member's discount; 30% off coupon. I got the set down from SRP $399.99 to $151.19 pre-tax.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I received a 30% off a single item in-store only coupon. I went to the store and ordered the Criterion BD set of 100 Years of Olympic Films. 40% off BDs; 10% off member's discount; 30% off coupon. I got the set down from SRP $399.99 to $151.19 pre-tax.

And THAT'S a job well done, Jose! :thumbsup:

:D

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
If an item is showing "Temporarily Out of Stock Online" can a ship to home order still be placed in-store?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If an item is showing "Temporarily Out of Stock Online" can a ship to home order still be placed in-store?

It depends, but usually not. The Instore Warehouse stock and online stock overlaps considerably, but it's not 100%. SOmetimes I've had items OOS online that had 1-2 itmes in the warehouse that could be ordered. I've also had a couple items that were available online, but not as a ship to home.

The ALLIANCE Distribution center that in the major supplier for BN must run some sort of dual inventory with some items availble to BN only and other inventory that is available to all their retailers.

The only way to know for sure is have the employees look it up. The brand new items like the Nolan 4K's are so short supplied everywhere I would doubt they will be available at item. The same goes for the high demand items like HP Boxset, Twin Peaks are less likely though those items have been coming in and out of stock randomly through the week

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Instead of starting a new thread I'll just piggyback on last years thread.

Barnes & Noble 40% Off MSRP Blu-ray Tuesday December 18, 2018 through end of Monday December 24, 2018
NOTE that most BN close at 6pm local time on Christmas Eve

Barnes & Noble 40% Off MSRP Blu-ray usually excludes Disney/Marvel/Lucas and sometimes Criterion.
Online items are minimal right now, but overnight they'll fill in. Each sale has it's own details over exclusions and whether coupons are allowed online or instore. TBD

Just in case coupons are allowed -- here are the current
20% Off $40+ Online Orders
BEMERRY
Expires December 19, 2018 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

20% Off One Item In-Store
E8L4Y8R
December 19, 2018 at close of business.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Excellent and thanks. So far I'm not seeing any indications Criterions will be included this year.

I suspected that might be the case when they had the online 50% this weekend, but that still leaves 3 big sales simultaneously.

A couple of the items that have changed prices do seem to be accepting coupons so that;s good.
A lot of the time the early part of the sale has online coupons, but the last part of the sale only has in-store coupons, so if you are on the fence and need extra discounts I suggest not waiting too long.

25% online codes aren't unheard of thouhg they tend to be single items codes, but 20% is usually the largest WHOLE Cart type coupon

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Made the round in-store todya and can confirm the sale is in full swing.
Criterions are 40% off instore and appear eligible for discount coupons this time.
They don't appear to be part of the online sale.

Warner Archives, the Shout Selections I checked, Sony and Universal MOD discs all eligible via the store ShiptoHome program since none of those are carried in store. I also spt checked a handful of 4K disc which appear to be active as well though many of them are discounted online too.

Some of the newer items like Toy Soldiers and Emmet Otter were OOS in the warehouse as is Batman Animated sereis. The MOD discs I strongly suspect will come back by the end of the sale. Batman is more iffy.

Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Just picked up the newly released 2001 4K UHD via this sale (w/ 25% coupon, etc) at a midtown Manhattan store. :banana:

Too bad none of them seem to carry 4K sets (like the Matrix Trilogy) or most any other 4K titles...

_Man_

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Barnes & Noble 40% Off MSRP Blu-ray Tuesday December 17, 2018 through end of day December 24, 2018
NOTE that most BN close at 6pm local time on Christmas Eve

Barnes & Noble 40% Off MSRP Blu-ray usually excludes Disney/Marvel/Lucas and sometimes Criterion and those items that are already in 50%+ sales. DVDs have normally been excluded from the December Sale. Criterions do not appear to part of the online sale

Coupons in general and coupon use on these large Sales have been severely restricted lately so for now I'm not expected extra coupons to be accepted though it's never 100% until the sale starts. The online items are marked NO COUPONS

The best deals during this 40% sale in the past have almost always been In-store and store generated Ship to Home orders (orders created from the in-store computer for Home Delivery). Deep deals on direct Web Orders as a rule have been limited at best. Each of the last 3-4 sales have had slightly different rules and things aren't clear yet. I'll update as things are determined

The store generated ShiptoHome Order alternative has until recently been treated as an in-store purchase so that the 10% Member Discount applied. Some time in early November many people reported this wasn't working anymore. My last order 11/1, it did so for now I'll put this in the YMMV category.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread