What's new

Barnes & Noble 40% Off Blu-ray Sale 12/15 through Christmas (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
B&N annual Christmas week 40% off sale on Blurays is underway. It doesn't appear to include DVD or CD this year.

All (most) instore Blurays should ring up 40% off MSRP. Online it appears 2/3 of the items qualify for the sale.

One clerk told me Disney and Marvel items might be excluded, but I'm not sure if that is just online or instore also. I've not been able to confirm this yet

There always seem to be some items that are exempt in store, but those tend to be a small number of specialty labels.

Music Bluray sometimes are classified as CD so things like Beatles 1+ don't seem to qualify

If there are items no in store you want, you can ask them to order it to the store or you can have them shipped to home.

The new ship to home program is nice b/c it qualifies as an instore purchase -- in this situation the store price is often less than the online price, your member 10% discount should apply, and you should be able to apply any in-store coupon discounts.

There are and should be some extra discounts available over the next 10 days. There aren't any in-store coupons yet, but normally those come out on Thursday. There are some online current promo discount codes available.

25% Off Single Item Online Only
BNGIFT25 December 14, 2015 at 12:01am to December 16, 2015 at 2:59am Eastern Time.
BNGIFT21 December 21, 2015 at 12:01am to December 22, 2015 at 2:59am Eastern Time

20% Off Online -- Re-usable seems to be everyone
F8X7X8P expires 1/1/16

15% off Online
C9A8T7X though might as well opt for the 20% (prob expires 1/1/16)

$10 off $75 Purchase Online Only
BNGIFT10 December 21, 2015 at 12:01am to December 22, 2015 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nice! I've still got my two 25% off one single item cards from the earlier mailing.

Wonder what would make sense in terms of value?

I also wonder if they'll carry Triumph of the Will?

Ooooh. And Speedy was on my wishlist (but not released in time for the Criterion 50% off sale).

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The December Criterions (Speedy and Downhill Racer and maybe Burroughs) will be high on my list. A bit more expensive than the 50% sale, but with the expected 25% coupons tomorrow it will turn out with my member discount to be similar to the July 50% sale using only 15% coupons.

The Synapse new release isn;t available to order through the website and not listed for store pickup, but often new releases

don't get that online button for a for days. Whether they can order it from their warehouse I'm not sure, but some of the smaller

labels seem to harder to get and I'd say extremely unlikely to get instore this week without a special order.

The better news if it is in the system they might be able to create an order in store and ship it directly to your house, but using

the instore price/coupon/member discount. In the past you had to buy it directly from the store to get the full discount.

I can't remember if Synapse got the 40% discount last year or not, but you could possible call first and see if they can pull it up.

I;m trying to get some of the Supreme Cinema releases (Leon, 5th Element, BS Dracula), the restored Spartacus.

I was going to get My Fair Lady, but it was cheaper at Target this week.

A lot of folks are trying to get the Arrow Video US releases since they haven't been discounted much yet.

Battles without Honor for $65-70 sounds a lot better than the $85-100 elsewhere.

You Can;t Take It With You is high on my list and I think $8 is a good price point.

X-Files Collection is my big want, but it's going to be really tough to get since only a handful of stores are carrying it

and it OOS for online. If things work out I hoping for $110-120. It's a bit more than the Fox Deal a few weeks ago to

order the individual season sets, but it's still likely to be the best price on the US Boxset for the next 12-18 months I'd guess.

The French and UK sets have already been in the $135 range so I do suspect it might go below $100 before next Christmas,

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
David Norman said:
X-Files Collection is my big want, but it's going to be really tough to get since only a handful of stores are carrying it

and it OOS for online. If things work out I hoping for $110-120. It's a bit more than the Fox Deal a few weeks ago to

order the individual season sets, but it's still likely to be the best price on the US Boxset for the next 12-18 months I'd guess.

The French and UK sets have already been in the $135 range so I do suspect it might go below $100 before next Christmas,
It might be a little early but I wouldn't be surprised if The X-Files set goes on sale around the week of the premiere of the new episodes.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Not a bad thought, but I don't think the prices will be much different than what we've seen so far, but if the 50% Foxconnect is the same

then at least those folks who don't need the boxset can get a better deal.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Good news - I hope my local store has some of the things I'm looking for on Blu-ray .

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
New Coupons are incoming by email

25% for Nonmember
30% for members who get these emails

Expiration date 12/20 end of business. That would suggest we will see a 2nd round of coupons on Monday and I strongly suspect will be identical except the expiration.

For those who need extra 25% InStore coupons, Send me a PM and tell me how many you can use and I'll start sending them out as soon as I get the mail organized.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Last week of the 40% Off Bluray sale is starting. This pretty much is all BD in store (except disney/marvel) and more than half on-line. This includes anything that can be ordered as a ship to home order originated from the store -- these now also allow member discounts to apply. Doesn't work on OOS items or preorders.

Next and last round of In-store only 25% off Single Item coupons have arrived by email -- expires at the end of business 12/24 (usually 6pm local for most B&N). That's also the end of the sale not so coincidentally.

I have plenty of extra coupons to give away if anyone needs them so just ask by PM and tell me how many you need.

Online Codes are scarce this week, but there are a couple for Monday only

25% Off Single Item Online Only
BNGIFT21 December 21, 2015 at 12:01am to December 22, 2015 at 2:59am Eastern Time. reports indicates it works more than once per account.

20% Off Online -- Re-usable seems to be everyone
F8X7X8P expires 1/1/16

$10 off $75 Purchase Online Only
BNGIFT10 December 21, 2015 at 12:01am to December 22, 2015 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks