What's new

Barnes and Noble.com - 3 for $20 DVD Sale - Thru 04/26/2007 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
3 for $20 DVDs

Choose from Thousands of Favorites!

Save big in our 3-for-$20 DVD Sale! From Dramas and Action/Adventure hits to Sci-Fi, Comedy, Children's picks, and more, thousands of discs are included. Just buy any three of our $10 DVDs, and $10 will be discounted at the checkout.

Simply look for the following icon on select DVDs online at Barnes & Noble.com:

Place any three (3) DVDs marked with the above icon in your cart, and the price of the third ($10.00) will appear as a credit at Checkout. 3 FOR $20

When you purchase three (3) DVDs with the 3 FOR $20 DVDs icon, the price of the third ($10.00) will appear as a credit at checkout This offer is valid for one free DVD per order. This offer is not valid on products provided via Barnes & Noble BookQuest LLC (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.). This offer is only valid for purchases made at bn.com and its mirror sites and is not valid on purchases made in any Barnes & Noble retail store or from third parties accessible from the bn.com site.

Except for the standard Barnes & Noble Member discount, and other percentage discounts generally available on products sold on Barnes & Noble.com this offer may not be combined with any other coupon or any discount promotion. This offer is available while supplies last and is not redeemable for cash, cash equivalents, or Gift Cards. Purchases of items as part of the 3 FOR $20 DVD offer are non-refundable (defective DVDs may be returned for a credit; please contact customer service prior to returning any such items). Returns or cancellations which affect the minimum number of items purchased may result in forfeiture of discounts applied at the time an order is placed, and you will be responsible to pay any such adjustments; we reserve the right to charge your credit card or debit your Gift Card in the amount of such adjustments and will notify you via email of such charge or debit. Barnes & Noble.com is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This offer ends April 26, 2007 at 2:59 am ET and is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor orders with valid methods of payment placed prior to such change or discontinuation.

Link:
http://video.barnesandnoble.com/bout...&linkid=892900

EDIT - UPDATE
I just experimented with BN.com's 3 for $20 DVD sale by placing a few test orders into my cart.

If you have a Barnes and Noble membership you save an additional 10%, so this deal is 3 for $18 for members.

It appears that BN.com's Free Shipping policy on orders of $25 or more applies to these DVD's (at least the ones I was experimenting with).

I have a Barnes and Noble membership and here are my test orders (note that I have eliminated the sales tax in my examples because of the various rates):

First
3 DVD's . . . $30.00
Discount . . .$12.00 (1 free + 10% off of $20)
Net . . . . . $18.00
Shipping . . .$ 4.96
Total . . . . $22.96

$7.65 / DVD (+ tax)

Second
4 DVD's . . . $40.00
Discount . . .$13.00 (1 free + 10% off of $30)
Net . . . . . $27.00
Shipping . . .$ 0.00
Total . . . . $27.00

$6.75 / DVD (+ tax)

Third
6 DVD's . . . $60.00
Discount . . .$15.00 (1 free + 10% off of $50)
Net . . . . . $45.00
Shipping . . .$ 0.00
Total . . . . $45.00

$7.50 / DVD (+ tax)

The Third Test (6 of the sale DVD's) appears to show that only one of these promotions may be applied to each order.

The Second Test (4 of the sale DVD's) appears to be the way to maximize the savings under this promotion.

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
Thanks for the link and the explanation, Jeff. It's great that you went the extra mile to inform cheapskates like me! I will definitely be taking advantage of your research.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks