What's new

Barnes and Noble 40% on Thousands of Blurays (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dimwit -- can't even get the title Right -- can one of the Mods help me out and correct the title? "Save 40%" or "40% Off" would make bit more sense
I think for a week 40% off on most Bluray online and instore. As usual, the 40% is taken directly from the BN List price and not the most
recent sales price. Coupons appear to be blocked online. In-store I guess will be reported tomorrow.
Standard Instore 10% Member Discount should still apply
BN Buzz instore text codes (5 off 15 purchase) were accepted last time, but we'll see this time Sign up and they'll text you a message with a normal BN code which will be entered at checkout. Supposed to be a one time use code, but many people have used it more than once.
BN Buzz Program
All current released -- $40 Criterions now on sale $23.99. Not the full blown 50% deals, but not bad if you don't want to wait until November
All the newest release 100th Anniversary Universal Bluray 11.99 (12.99-16 on Amazon) -- Sixteen Candles, Airport, Eternal Sunshine, Scarface, Atonement
Universal 100th Ann. Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein Bluray $16.19 ($24 Amazon)
Singin in the Rain Boxset $51
Grande Illusion 17.99 ($27 on Amazon)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The new Harvey Blu-Ray is part of the sale, but it's listed as Out of Stock at both of my local stores. I'll have to recheck when I get home, but if that's still the case it'll be a no-brainer to order from bn.com.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt /t/323314/barnes-and-noble-40-on-thousands-of-blurays#post_3967521
The new Harvey Blu-Ray is part of the sale, but it's listed as Out of Stock at both of my local stores. I'll have to recheck when I get home, but if that's still the case it'll be a no-brainer to order from bn.com.
Agreed, I have no idea how I left that one off since it was one of my big weekly items. Online I have 2 stores within 100 mile radius with it listed in stock. Last Criterion sale I had several things listed OOS that turned out to be on the shelf when I got to the actual store, so I;m not sure of its accuracy particularly for a new release.

I hate to link other forums, but just to get all possible discounts:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/533548-barnes-noble-coupon-thread-part-2-a.html
The usual thanks to LASERMOVIES for keeping his thread UTD
The 15% non member and 20% member in-store coupons have been reported to be working instore today despite the starting date of 8/30. Many other of the Unique ID store coupons are not working on teh 40% off titles. None of these seem to be working online yet though I'm not sure if that's an issue with the sale items or the starting date of the coupon. Obviously will know more in a couple days.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
As I mentioned in the weekly roundup thread, my local Barnes & Noble did have Harvey in stock. They actually had a bin with all of the 40 percent off titles in it. They wouldn't accept the 20% off member coupon, but they did accept the $3 Universal manufacturer coupon. Between the 40% off, the 10% member discount and the $3 Universal coupon, I walked out of the store with the Blu-ray for $12.50 including tax.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt /t/323314/barnes-and-noble-40-on-thousands-of-blurays#post_3967863
As I mentioned in the weekly roundup thread, my local Barnes & Noble did have Harvey in stock. They actually had a bin with all of the 40 percent off titles in it. They wouldn't accept the 20% off member coupon, but they did accept the $3 Universal manufacturer coupon. Between the 40% off, the 10% member discount and the $3 Universal coupon, I walked out of the store with the Blu-ray for $12.50 including tax.
Sounds like the deal for me. Your now the 2nd person I've heard say something about their BN accepting a MQ so maybe they have
changed policy. That has been a huge no-go in the past even on non-sale items.

Was the 20% coupon the generic 102711 code or was it one emailed to you with a ?12 digit unique ID .

Now just have to find a store with it in stock. I woudl have bought this at $20 if necessary so anything lower is a bonus,
plus I really want 16 Candles and Airport.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
David Norman said:
Sounds like the deal for me.   Your now the 2nd person I've heard say something about their BN accepting a MQ so maybe they have
changed policy.   That has been a huge no-go in the past even on non-sale items.
If the clerk at the media checkout won't take the coupon, have him/her call her manager over. The girl working the media checkout today didn't know what to do with the manufacturer coupon, but her manager had no trouble entering it.
Was the 20% coupon the generic 102711 code or was it one emailed to you with a ?12 digit unique ID.
It actually came in a booklet of coupons via snail mail. I think the policy's the same for printable coupons. What they told me is that it's an either/or scenario; if I'd really wanted to use the coupon, it would have taken 20 percent off the list price and actually cost me more than without the coupon.
Now just have to find a store with it in stock.   I woudl have bought this at $20 if necessary so anything lower is a bonus,
plus I really want 16 Candles and Airport.
When you check your local Barnes & Noble, look for a 40 percent off bin. Harvey wasn't on the shelves or in the new release rack; I was only able to find it in the bin.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think I know the type bin you're talking about, but pretty much all Bluray's should be on sale at BN for 40% this week and not just those in the bin.
I know another poster said an employee said it was only certain BD's, but when they rang up at the counter everything he picked out was 40%.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Eh. So the price just comes out to a normal price after all, and not really too big of a savings...

Originally Posted by David Norman /t/323314/barnes-and-noble-40-on-thousands-of-blurays#post_3967488
As usual, the 40% is taken directly from the BN List price and not the most
recent sales price.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
In my store they didn't have A&C Meet Frank. It was on back order and they wouldn't order one for me.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
the guy at my local said it was all blurays on sale. the deal is very good when used with membership and the coupons.
Grabbed Quadrephenia for $17.29

Frank Ha

Second Unit
Real Name
Frank Harrison
My store didn't have Harvey nor Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein in stock, but I was able to order for home delivery from their warehouse. Should be here next week. In store, I got Doctor Who: Series 6 for $41.40 with coupons and discounts. Not bad for Doctor Who!

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Thanks to you the good people at HTF i saved some cash. I asked the sales manager about the price. He told me every single Blu-ray title in the store was on sale. He said even the titles that just came out this past Tuesday. He invited me to look at every rack. He has a blu-ray section but some titles were mixed with the DVDs. I was surprised when he said every title but sure enough he was right. The sale ends after Labor Day he said. I am thinking about going back and grab a few more. I should have bought Harvey because the store only had one copy. You can also order from them and get the 40% off and of course an extra 10 if you are a member.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mark Collins said:
Thanks to you the good people at HTF i saved some cash. I asked the sales manager about the price. He told me every single Blu-ray title in the store was on sale. He said even the titles that just came out this past Tuesday. He invited me to look at every rack. He has a blu-ray section but some titles were mixed with the DVDs. I was surprised when he said every title but sure enough he was right. The sale ends after Labor Day he said. I am thinking about going back and grab a few more. I should have bought Harvey because the store only had one copy. You can also order from them and get the 40% off and of course an extra 10 if you are a member.
Unless I'm misinterpreting you last line, the Extra 10% off for members is only in store and isnt' available for online purchases.
The generic 15 and 20% do work instore as well as the Buzz codes, but I haven't found any online codes that work for the sale discs.
In addition, several of the specialty items (Olive and Synapse BDs I don't think are onsale online).

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I did well in-store yesterday, even adding a few more Criterions since I had coupons to help out. But like most have posted, they had NONE of the new Universals in stock -- except in DVD. They got them in right away, but only in DVD, not BLU. I'm going to another store tomorrow, one I've never been to, and will take advantage of the ordering and free shipment for whatever I still come up short on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks