Barnes and Nobel DVD Sale thru 6/30/05

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by EricSchulz, May 27, 2005.

1. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

I was in my local B&N tonight and saw posters for a month long promotion: buy two DVDs, get the third DVD free; of course, the free one is the least expensive of the three. The signs specifically stated that boxed sets were included! I asked the clerk if it also applied to items already on sale and he said "yes" but he also mumbled something about all the over $30 DVDs already being on sale for 10% off. I will be stopping back to check it out in more detail...if anyone has any stories to share, please do!

2. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

Well, I did a little shopping at B&N and got a great deal! I picked up Partridge Family S1, Queen Greatest Video Hits V1 and The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert for $48 bucks and change, with my B&N Discount card. The same three DVDs at Amazon would have been $22.50 each. I think I gotta go back...

3. MikeDE

MikeDE Stunt Coordinator

There's a full page ad about this in USA Today. The sale also applies to their website.

4. Mike.P

Mike.P Second Unit

Picked up Band of Brothers, Smallville season 1/2 combined, and the Alien Quadrilogy for under 200. Can't complain 1 bit about that kind of deal, each set averaged to about 60 bucks.

5. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

Wow...this deal just got even better!

In the mail I received a coupon that is an incentive to spend even more: if the total of the transaction is $50 or more after deducting the DVD you get for free, you can use this coupon to receive an additional 10% off and you can use your B&N Member card on top of THAT! It looks like I am going shopping today!!! (The coupon is for Members to use with their card, but it can be used on any purchase over $50, not just DVDs.)

6. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

^ Last coupla days! [​IMG]

7. Wendy_L

Wendy_L Supporting Actor

Thanks Mike for directing me to this thread...I tried finding one but didn't see it. Sorry about the dup.

I ordered "Joan of Arcadia" Season 1 & "Friends" Season 3 & 4 for $76...not a bad deal.