Bargin DVDs and the movie "Freaked" with Mr.T

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jose, Sep 27, 2002.

1. Jose

Jose Auditioning

I frequently notice when shopping at Wal-Mart and Magic Mart a large selection of bargin DVDs. Sometimes I'll run upon something pretty cool, as in b-grade horror flicks from the 50s/60s (Man-Beast and Carnival of Souls for around $4.99 a piece is what I picked up last week). Does anyone know about the companies that put these DVDs out? The boxes have very little information, but most of the ones I've bought have been as solid of quality as could be expected. Anyone have any really great finds?

I was sorting through some old videos the other day and came across the movie "Freaked", which was released around 92 or 93 I think. It has Alex Winter, Randy Quaid, and Mr.T in it. The movie never acheived any success, but it has to be one of the most underated comedies out there. Winter is a movie star who promotes toxic waste and ends up being turned into a freak by Quaid, who runs a freak show. Mr.T is a bearded lady, which should sum up what kind of movie it is. Regardless, it's hilarious. I think Warner owns the rights to it, but I'm not sure. I wasn't successful in a search for info about it. Anyone else hope it turns up in a DVD bargin bin someday?

2. Duane Robinson

Duane Robinson Second Unit

Hell yeah!! I friggin love this movie. It's funny as hell and really underrated. I would love to get it on dvd so I could show it to some of my friends. That sock for a head guy voiced by Bobcat Goldthwait was hilarious. I also love the other weird characters like the Eternal Flame, who always has a lit fart going or the giant worm guy. And nothing can top the two huge rasta eyeballs Eye N Eye. I would scoop this up on dvd with the quickness.

3. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

It's a Fox title, so if it's ever released (crosses fingers), it won't be on one of those public-domain labels.