What's new

Bargains at Amazon's canadian site (1 Viewer)

Bill McCamy

Second Unit
Real Name
Gasim de Paris
amazon.ca has a couple of coupons for five and ten dollars off. While that discount is in Canadian dollars, so are amazon's prices.

Band of Brothers is under sixty (U.S.) dollars.

The new Walt Disney Treasures are each about $USD16.50.

Back to the Future is about $USD27.50.

While there is no free shipping to the U.S., the coupons can almost cancel that cost ($CAD4.50, and $CAD1.00/item).

I suppose most of these discs will have some French cover notes and subtitles.

All prices on the site are in Canadian dollars. You'll need a currency converter.

John Wilson

Supporting Actor
I've got a concern. I recently preordered the following discs from Amazon.ca and I'd like to know how they differ from discs that I could have bought from Amazon's US website.

"Beauty and the Beast (Disney Special Edition)"
@ CDN$ 20.79 each

"Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (Widescreen, 4 Discs)"
@ CDN$ 37.69 each

"Band of Brothers (Widescreen, 6 Discs)"
@ CDN$ 89.67 each

"Spider-Man (Limited Collector's Edition, Boxed Set)"
@ CDN$ 48.27 each

"Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (Widescreen)"
@ CDN$ 26.99 each

Will I have french subtitles or menus or will they be the same as the Region 1 discs sold in the US? I'd like to know soon as even if they are a great deal, I don't want to watch "different" movies.

Thanks for any insight you can give me.

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
I can't give you specifics; however, there is a general rule to follow. Alliance Atlantis is the main distributor of DVD product in Canada. You can pretty much count on most of their stuff having a French audio track, so you may want compare how that affects which sound track is on the DVD (DTS, DD, et al).

I personally haven't seen much difference between the US and Canadian releases, but the potential is there.

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
I have read up on Band of Brothers in particular, and the ASIN (like a barcode) on both the Amazon.ca and the Amazon.com tins are the same. There is a french version coming out, but all accounts say that the one on their site is not it.

BoB for $53 is worth the risk, IMHO. That should torch Best Buy for at least $10.

SunilS

Agent
Usually the only difference is additional french on the packageing.
And sometimes that is a oversticker.

ChristopherS

Second Unit
I ordered "24" Season One on Wednesday afternoon for $50.55 CDN (including taxes and delivery) and it was in my super mailbox this morning (Friday). I am impressed as I only got the e-mail saying it was being mailed Thursday afternoon.

Chris

Eric Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Recently they shipped Friends Season 2 to me for $31.90 US dollars. Which I think is pretty good. Maybe that deal is still going on.

-Eric

Sam Owens

Stunt Coordinator
There was a $10 off $50 coupon (now sadly expired)

The following offers $5 off $35: CANADASKY535

JasonRH

Second Unit
Mike,
Check out www.redflagdeals.com for Amazon coupons and others. That site slways has an updated list of coupons.
Link Removed might also have some, though I haven't checked in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks