What's new

Bargain Subwoofer (1 Viewer)

Pete_w

Agent
I am looking for a bargain sub...I know about the Sony Sub...anybody know anything about the AR-S108PSB from Acoustic Research. It got pretty good comments on Audioreview.com. I can get it for $229Canadian which is about $150USD. Thanks.

DavidY

Supporting Actor
I know Canadians who have purchased the Sony SAWM-40 for CDN$240-$250 before taxes. Pretty good deal IMO...based strictly on lotsa of rave reviews from fellow HTF members...it's too bad that it's not in-stock locally. I would like to see/hear how it compares with my Mission 700AS subs.
But if you are still unsure, then I would suggest that you audition both subs in YOUR room and let your ears and/or RS SPL meter decide. :)
Dave
[Edited last by DavidY on August 29, 2001 at 08:28 PM]

Chuck Blair

Agent
Out of the box, I found the Sony sub disappointing, but then I added some polyfil and spiked it to a cutting board (was sitting in carpeting) and now for the money I doubt it could be beat.

Manuel Delaflor

Supporting Actor
Where can I find the lowest price of the Sunfire Junior Subwoofer? I tried PriceScan, but it's not listed there.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks