Bargain Receiver

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adil M, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Adil M

Adil M Supporting Actor

Well, no one ever asks this question. Which receiver(s) are the best under $300?
    There is the Kenwood 6050, Onkyo 500, Panasonic sahe100, the Pioneer 711, and the Sony 685.
    I don't know if I'd rec'd the Onkyo in this price class...[​IMG]

2. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

Well, I can tell you that the SA-HE100 is a great unit in my opinion. HD-ready component video switching, Dolby Digital-EX and DTS-ES decoding with 6 channels of amplification built-in, Pro-Logic II with adjustable Width and Dimension parameters. It even sounds pretty decent too [​IMG]

3. TravisMc

TravisMc Stunt Coordinator

Im going to play devils advocate here...

Sony 685, I too, at this time on a very strict budget, this little receiver is very nice, and easy to use in my opinion

has DTS, PL 2, DD, just about everything I could ask for, and I great price to go with it

It claims to push 100w x 5, now we all know it cant do this, but the manual doesnt really say what it pushes other than 100w x 5, one things for sure, I think it sounds great, for $300 bucks, I recommend

4. matthew_rm

matthew_rm Second Unit

I would guess the Onkyo500 would sound the best. I can't say for sure. Sounding the best, would then make it the best. (Out of this group)