1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Bargain Receiver

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adil M, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Adil M

Adil M Supporting Actor

Well, no one ever asks this question. Which receiver(s) are the best under $300?
    There is the Kenwood 6050, Onkyo 500, Panasonic sahe100, the Pioneer 711, and the Sony 685.
    I don't know if I'd rec'd the Onkyo in this price class...[​IMG]

2. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

Well, I can tell you that the SA-HE100 is a great unit in my opinion. HD-ready component video switching, Dolby Digital-EX and DTS-ES decoding with 6 channels of amplification built-in, Pro-Logic II with adjustable Width and Dimension parameters. It even sounds pretty decent too [​IMG]

3. TravisMc

TravisMc Stunt Coordinator

Im going to play devils advocate here...

Sony 685, I too, at this time on a very strict budget, this little receiver is very nice, and easy to use in my opinion

has DTS, PL 2, DD, just about everything I could ask for, and I great price to go with it

It claims to push 100w x 5, now we all know it cant do this, but the manual doesnt really say what it pushes other than 100w x 5, one things for sure, I think it sounds great, for $300 bucks, I recommend

4. matthew_rm

matthew_rm Second Unit

Real name
    I would guess the Onkyo500 would sound the best. I can't say for sure. Sounding the best, would then make it the best. (Out of this group)