What's new

Baretta season 2 (1 Viewer)

Wonderfrog68

Agent
Real Name
Pascal
Baretta season 2 is being released in France on July 21st by Elephant films! This will be a 6 DVD release with English soundtrack and French subtitles. Check out their website. The episode list is in English.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Some excellent DVD news from France. Great company for the odd rare title, Elephant Films.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Great news.

It makes me want to talk about available elements, though. We had been led to believe the only available tape transfers of Baretta had been consumed in the Universal fire. Is this release from the 35mm masters? Or are there some tape transfers of Baretta (and perhaps some other Universal series) becoming available from another source?

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
It makes me want to talk about available elements, though. We had been led to believe the only available tape transfers of Baretta had been consumed in the Universal fire. Is this release from the 35mm masters? Or are there some tape transfers of Baretta (and perhaps some other Universal series) becoming available from another source?

I was thinking the same thing. It might be possible that a source overseas has found a set of usable master tapes. If so, could it be the entire run of the series? Let's hope that they are complete uncut original broadcast tapes and not hacked up syndicated versions.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Great news but I'll take a wait and see attitude. I already have a set of cut episodes for season 2 so I don't really need another one.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I'd be more inclined to think another set of pre-existing tapes finally turned up after nine years. If there's a R1 release, I will get it. This and "Joey Bishop Show" hold the record for the longest stalled title on DVD.

DaveNHL

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave Reichert
Baretta season 2 is being released in France on July 21st by Elephant films! This will be a 6 DVD release with English soundtrack and French subtitles. Check out their website. The episode list is in English.
How can I order this US funds and have it shipped to me here in the US. Thanks

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
How can I order this US funds and have it shipped to me here in the US. Thanks

You could order it on Amazon.fr just like Amazon in the US. The currency will be converted. However, after looking at reviews it appears there is no English soundtrack, It appears to only be in French. Bummer.

DaveNHL

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave Reichert
Thanks. For now at least I guess I will have to be content with the episodes I have that we taped off TV. Hopefully the french release means that useable prints of the episodes exist. Perhaps we will see more US DVDs released.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
It'd be amazing if the only tape transfers were dubbed ones without the original English!

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
Does anyone know the quality of season one french release . It says there are 4 dvds while the usa set has 3 dvds . Anyone ever find out about season 2 , Is it really only in French ?

Any info would be highly appreciated .

dstrong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Damon
The last time I saw "Baretta" in syndication was on the Canadian "SUN TV" channel about 15 years go. If you see the bootleg copies online they will have the Sun TV logo in the bottom right.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
I always thought the reason that the rest of Baretta was held up was because of Robert Blake's legal problems. Would love to see the rest of this series eventually get released.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I think the legal troubles prevented further releases while the tape transfers used for Season 1 were still available and then the fire took care of all of those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda19798888
Recent bookmarks