Pre-Order Barefoot In The Park (1967) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71sHn0wqcGL._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Reactions: PMF and borisfw

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if this is a new master or just a reissue of the previous blu ray?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Does anyone know if this is a new master or just a reissue of the previous blu ray?
Are you sure, as I always thought this movie hasn't been released on Blu-ray in Region A beforehand. This September 15th release is probably derived from the same master used for the iTunes HD digital.

Reactions: PMF

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Are you sure, as I always thought this movie hasn't been released on Blu-ray in Region A beforehand. This September 15th release is probably derived from the same master used for the iTunes HD digital.
Senility is rearing its ugly head! :( I could have sworn I had it on blu ray but when I checked my shelf of blu rays (it should have been next to The Barefoot Contessa), it wasn't there. I checked the DVDs and there it was.

Reactions: Jeffrey D

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yep, me, too. I wasn't sure about an existing Blu-ray; I knew I only had a DVD, but it is currently in HD at Prime, and that's where I watched it a couple of nights ago.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I also only have the dvd. If it came out on Blu ray i think i would have upgraded. :rolleyes:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Here is a production of the stage version of the play from 1981 with Richard Thomas and Beth Armstrong. I think this was on A&E when A&E stood for Arts and Entertainment. Look for James Cromwell as the phone installer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeffrey D
Real Name
Eric Bodnar
I just received my copy yesterday. I can't imagine it's a full-blown restoration but it is a very nice looking Blu ray; comparable to Paramount's BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S and TRUE GRIT. It is perhaps a notch down from THE ODD COUPLE but at only ten dollars, it's a steal.
And that's another thing we must not lose sight of: Paramount is finally making a greater contribution to home media when up until a few months ago nothing was happening. In the past few weeks I've watched WAR OF THE WORLDS (Criterion), ROMAN HOLIDAY, and now BAREFOOT IN THE PARK. I'll probably soon order "THE SONS OF KATIE ELDER" and I've already expecting THE CARPETBAGGERS from overseas. I never expected any of this to happen.

Reactions: PMF

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I just received my copy yesterday. I can't imagine it's a full-blown restoration but it is a very nice looking Blu ray; comparable to Paramount's BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S and TRUE GRIT. It is perhaps a notch down from THE ODD COUPLE but at only ten dollars, it's a steal.
And that's another thing we must not lose sight of: Paramount is finally making a greater contribution to home media when up until a few months ago nothing was happening. In the past few weeks I've watched WAR OF THE WORLDS (Criterion), ROMAN HOLIDAY, and now BAREFOOT IN THE PARK. I'll probably soon order "THE SONS OF KATIE ELDER" and I've already expecting THE CARPETBAGGERS from overseas. I never expected any of this to happen.
I watched the Imprint import of The Carpetbaggers last night and it was a very handsome transfer. I think you'll be pleased.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I enjoy BAREFOOT. Jane Fonda was gorgeous in her role, but it's really Mildred Natwick's movie, as short as her part is.

Reactions: Mark B

SultanOfWhat

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
My favorite line of hers was "Mr. Velasco, where are my clothes?"

And, of course, the motherly wisdom at the end...

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
I love this movie - saw it many times when it came out. This is in NO way a new transfer nor is it handsome. The color is fine, mostly, but I would like someone to chime in whether this is the same as the iTunes HD. There are two listings for it on Amazon, one HD and one not - the not looks rather like this transfer, frankly. The close-ups are pretty good, but the medium and longer shots are soft as can be and they should be sharp as a tack. I don't care if it's one dollar, ten, or twenty, they owe these films better treatment and people deserve them. This film was a huge hit for Paramount, treat it with a little respect.

Reactions: lark144

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
I'm fine with my iTunes HD digital as I got this movie and about 9 other titles for a group sale price of $19.99. That was almost three years ago and I thought the video presentation was good for the most part.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NC_Mike