What's new

Barco Graphics 800, no imput signal (1 Viewer)

JorgeP

Auditioning
Hi, I've just started building my "home-theater" by buying a Barco Graphics 800 projector, second hand. I did all the installation adjustements shown in the manual, so all the test secreens worked properly. But I can not get any external signal. I've connected a video to the video-in port, and an iMac to the RGB (VGA to RGB cable), but the machine shows "no external source connected". If I select manually the address of each port on the control, it looks for it an after a while says " no signal, check imput connections".
Any clue?
Thanx

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit
Jorge,
You have to select the appropriate source on the remote as it corresponds to the input you are using, ie; choose #5 for RGB, #2 for S-Video, #1 for Composite. If you are doing this, I would guess the scan frequency may be out of range for the projector. Personally, I use S-Video for most material, and find it to be quite satisfactory. If I get a better DVD player in the future, I will invest in a transcoder and up-convert the component connection of the DVD to the RGBHV on the Barco 801.
Let me know if this helps you out.
Bill

JorgeP

Auditioning
Thank you Bill for your answer, I'll try the s-video as soon as I get an adaptor. But anyway, it should recognise the signal of standard video or tuner ont the video port (via the coax), and a computer on the RGB. I've changed the scanning frequencies of the computer from 75 to 117Hz, without success; I'll keep playing with that.
Do the VCR's have different scanning frequencies?, maybe it sounds naïve, but if all of them can be connected with "normal" TV's I think they should.
Thanks again.

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit
Jorge,
Port 1 is for standard composite video
If you want to use that port, you will have to have a TV out on your computer (RCA Jack). to use the RGB connectors on the projector (port 5) you need to buy a VGA to RGBHV breakout cable, and connect from the VGA on the computer. Port 5 is the only port that can use different scan frequencies. Scan frequency is not an issue with composite or S-Video connectors.
I am not sure how you are trying to hook up to the projector, or with what type of cable. I suggest you get a VCR and a RCA patch cord with a BNC connector on one end and hook up to port 1. Then press 1 on the remote to activate that port. it should work.
Bill

AaronBatiuk

Second Unit
Jorge, I have the same projector, and I am a Mac user. I hope that I can help.
First off, in my experience, most problems with the projector not liking an input have to do with the sync signals (the H and V inputs of the RGB input). The Barco Graphics 800 will *only* work with Negative polarity sync pulses. In all likelihood, your iMac is using positive pulses. All computer monitors on the market are happy with either polarity, but these Barcos are not. Luckily for me, I am able to set this on my PC; you are not so lucky with your Mac. I do not know of any utility to set the polarity of the sync pulses on a Mac. Your only option may be to buy (or if you are an electronics geek like me, build) a box to convert the sync signal. These devices can usually convert between different types (sync-on-green [RGsB], composite[RGBs], and separate [RGBhv]) and can convert the polarity.
Before making this investment, make sure the projector works, by trying the composite and s-video inputs. Also, borrow a friend's PC and try it from that. You may need to download a utility like
powerstrip to be able to set the polarity of both H and V sync to negative.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks