Barco 808 Problem

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Johnny.McN, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Johnny.McN

Johnny.McN Auditioning

I've got a Barco Graphics 808 which doesn't turn on. It had been working fine for the past year, but when I went to turn it on the other day - *nothing*...

Typically when I turn it on, I hear the fan, the ultra-high-frequency sound of the CRT tubes, and it makes a few crackling sounds as it warms up. This time - no noises at all.

A few questions for anyone who knows the BG808:

1. Is this probably the power supply?
    2. Can I fix something like that myself? (I'm very technical and mechanically inclined.)
    3. If so, where can I get parts/components?
    4. If not, is there a repair tech in my area? (Raleigh, NC, USA)

Help!

Thanks,
    Johnny

2. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

My suggestion is to mosey on over to the CRT Forum on the AVS Forum where you'll be more likely to find someone familiar with your Barco 808. Not that there isn't someone here who could help, but that's where most of the dedicated CRT guys hang out.

3. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Indeed, as I pmed you johnny, the CRT forum can help you out. Also check out the status lights on the G2/diagnostic board, it's a row of LEDs on the board on the right side of the chassis if you are standing at the rear of a floor-mounted machine.

You can see images of where these LEDs are here: http://www.curtpalme.com/Barco808.htm

4. Johnny.McN

Johnny.McN Auditioning

Oops! Sorry, Chris, I mistakenly thought you meant the displays forum here. I'll get right over there!

Thanks again for your help.