Barco 808, Mint Tubes + Free Extras

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by craige, Jun 25, 2005.

1. craige

craige Auditioning

I’m selling a Barco Graphics 808 that includes a green convergence feature. The 808 is an awesome 8” CRT projector that’s easy for beginners to set up and throws a beautiful picture. Mine has had all 3 tubes professionally rebuilt via a well-known dealer with only about 100 hours of use since the new tubes were put in. The green convergence feature will let you stack this with another 808 if you like. The price includes copies of both the installation and set-up manuals, and the original Barco remote control.

Free Extra: For no extra charge I will include a 20’ BNC-to-VGA breakout cable (normally $115) and unistrut mounting hardware.

Free Delivery: If you live within a 2 hour drive of Northern NJ I will deliver this unit to you free of charge (you’ll have to unload it from my SUV, however). Shipping anywhere else will run about $250. I would rather not ship this so I’m looking for a local buyer.

Asking $2,500.

2. Steve Marsh

Steve Marsh Stunt Coordinator

Why are you selling only 100 hours after rebuild

3. craige

craige Auditioning

I used the Barco for about a year (I only watch about a movie a week in my HT) and in that time I moved my theater stuff around 3 times, and moving your theater around that much with a CRT is a real pain. If you're not going to move it much, it's great, but keep in mind it weighs like 170lbs and mine is ceiling mounted, so moving it is quite a chore. So I got a smaller digital that I can move with ease. The picture quality vs. price is not nearly as good as the Barco, but for me the tradeoff was worth it.