What's new

Barco 1208 projector help (1 Viewer)

Benjamin Grefe

Auditioning
First of all, let me point out that I am very new to the game of front projector TV's. I posted a thread about 2 or 3 weeks ago saying that my school was giving me a Barco 801 or 808 and I needed some places to start wtih them.

It turns out last week that the school gave me a Barco 1208/2 (I literally just got it 6 or 7 days ago) and I have been working on setting it up with some friends. We have it temporarly set up in a room right now, but in about 2 or 3 months it's going to be permentatly mounted in our house. What I'm trying to do is find out the ratio's for this projector (ex: distance from screen to screen size, distance it should be hanging from the ceiling and other assorted thigns. I saw a page online about 3 weeks ago which had all of these figures on it but I can't find it for the life of me anymore.

I have all the owners manuals and instillation manuals, what I really need is this sheet of "room planning" information.

Thank you for your help,

Benjamin Grefe

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit
If you want 100-110" (diagonal) screen, you need to mount the projector about 13' from the screen. I don't know the specs on a 1208 Barco but 13' should do it. As a general rule, the top of the center lens in a ceiling mount should be at the same hieght as the top edge of the screen. This is not a hard and fast rule, but you'll have an easier time with all the other adjustments. Have you got a picture displayed yet? convergence and keystone adjustments can be a bear, especially if the unit has not had enough warm up time (about 20 mins).
The caution about the raster touching the edge of the CRT tube in each gun is still of great importance to you. Keep a quarter inch clearance to be safe.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks