What's new

Baraka .... now 16x9 anamorphic? (1 Viewer)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I read at DVD file ( http://www.dvdfile.com/software/revi...o_2/baraka.htm )
That this DVD was 5.1 but only 4x3 lbxed. Someone just bought me the DVD and on the computer at work it appears to have a pristine transfer...and there's "16x9 anamorphic" written all over the box, insert, and even on the DVD itself.
I can't verify for certain that it's 16x9 until I get home (don't know how to tell on the work PC) but doesn anyone know what I'm talking about?
did the studio remaster it in 16x9 after all the criticsm it received for the first release?
The image is so clear, detailed, and HD-like 3-D on the PC that I can't imagine it's not remastered and indeed 16x9.
-dave

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Why, yes it was remastered and it is anamorphic - you didn't know? ;) And it's cheap, too - under $10 (or was) at Deep Discount DVD.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Awsome.

DVD file owes it to the DVD community to update their review...I would never have purchased it on "moral" grounds thinking that it was a bastardized non-16x9 transfer. I'm so glad that someone bought it for me so I could herald (and be made aware of) the new transfer!

-dave

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Yes, I did both dOc reviews, and the new version is awesome, while the old one stank.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks