Bar soap, or liquid soap, which do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Inspector Hammer!, Jul 21, 2002.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I've been using the liquid soap these last few showers and have to say that I really like it. It's easier to lather up with it, and it leaves your skin feeling all smooth and slippery, almost as if you didn't rinse all the soap off. It also makes me feel cleaner than bar soap does. I think i'm going to use it from now on.
    Yep folks, it's 3:30 am, I can't sleep, and i'm bored! [​IMG]

2. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    Soap, along with toothpaste, beer, dishwashing detergent, socks, underwear, and gasoline are in my "get whatever's cheapest" category. That makes me a bar man.

3. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    Liquid.

I use that Dial antibacterial body wash in the shower and regular Softsoap antibacterial for hand washing.

Bar soap is annoying since it's so easy for it to zip out of my hands. Plus, most of it drys out my skin, so I use stuff that is moisturizing.

4. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

I use bar soap, but I use liquid soap when I travel. That Dial anti-bacterial liquid body wash does not rinse off very easily.

5. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

6. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

Dove bar soap is all that I will use while in the shower but I only use the liquid antibacterial in the bathrooms and kitchen for hand washing.

KyleS

7. Dana Fillhart

Dana Fillhart Supporting Actor

Neither, I use shampoo [​IMG]

8. Mark C Sherman

Mark C Sherman Second Unit

I use Bath and Body Works COOL SPRING Shower Gel for men. Yes BBW carries men products granted not alot of the stuff I think it takes up about 2 percent of the store but they do have it. I discovered it while I was Shopping with my girlfriend. This stuff is Awesome. along with the Shaving gel and deodorant you got everything you need.

9. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Mark, I occasionally get the BBW stuff too, I love their aftershave.

As far as bar or liquid.. at the sink, I prefer liquid.. it's neater. In the shower, it's a bar... it impossible to wash certain areas properly with liquid soap. :b

10. Mark C Sherman

Mark C Sherman Second Unit

Got to get that funky looking sponge for the shower gel. One little drop is all you need. That reminds me I am out of Shower gel. Off to BBW. BTW the girls who work there are really Cute.

11. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

Question my masculinity if you want, but the stuff from BBW, for lack of any more desciptive words out of the English language, is good shit. I like their Melon Cucumber soap.

Oh, I use two different bar soaps, Irish Spring and Dove. One for smelling good, the other for keeping my skin not dry.

12. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

I got a BBW gift box two years ago and I have to say I'm officially hooked on the Mountain Frost shaving products. I also bring the shower gel when I'm on the road. Good stuff, albeit a bit pricy.

13. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

What Holadem said - can't stand that slippery soaps.
    I like Oil of Olay soap - non-scented. Moisturising, without that icky feeling that you haven't rinsed hard enough.

14. Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin Producer

Soap? What's soap? [​IMG]

15. Jan H

Jan H Cinematographer

Irish Spring, cuz I like taking a knife and cutting off a piece to look at the cool green and white stripes.

16. Brian Lawrence

Brian Lawrence Producer

Brian
    AJAX [​IMG]

17. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

I wash my hands with fast orange hand cleaner. Usually I'll use the waterless alcohol based hand cleaner because it's the on the go clean.

At my work we have dispensers that shoot wads of gel on your hands after you leave the door via sensor, this disinfects 99.9% of bacteria. It's supposedly sanitary because you don't have to touch faucet handles or door knobs where the bacteria lives.

On my face I use the liquid hand soap at public restrooms sometimes.

Hot water works wonders with any type of based soap. My skin is pretty conditioned so I can turn the faucet on maximum hot and it doesn't burn me like it used to.

18. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

For showers it has to be a bar soap(any kind), but for washingf hands I prefer liquid.

19. Shana

Shana Stunt Coordinator

Normally I am a Dial soap woman.....but since I have been using other people's showers for the past six weeks thanks to mold and plumbing problems in my house and the insurance company taking their own sweet time, I have to carry my Lever 2000 shower wash (Fresh Fields w/aloe vera) everywhere and that not only smells wonderful, but it makes your skin very soft.