What's new

Bar Designs (1 Viewer)

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Not HT construction per se but part of an HT lobby, does anyone have any pictures they can share on wet bar designs (of the walk-in/countertop variety)? I have found zippo on the net aside from more traditional bars with neon signs and heavy wood and such. I'm looking at something more contemporary.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Glenise

Supporting Actor
As soon as I can get some pictures taken, I'll get some pictures uploaded of what a carpenter is doing for me.
I plan on having a bar in my lobby with small (3 shelf, 2 column) built in concession stand.

Trace Ahlers

Stunt Coordinator
Jay, I designed and built my own bar using kitchen cabinet kits from Home Depot. Although mine is a dry bar you can easily build a wet one.
It's set up as a walk behind L-formation bar with a double decker surface. The base cabinets allow for good depth to store backup supplies and install a bar fridge or beer keg.
Sorry, I don't have any photos. I just mention this as a good starting point. I basically built it as I went and let my imagination go wild.
Trace

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
Jay - I'm also hoping to add a lobby/bar to the theater. I have the space downstairs, but have to wait for its budget to come around. (This year's work was all outside: adding two decks to the back of the house and regrading/landscaping the front and back yards.)

When I do mine, I'm thinking about old fashioned pull-style taps (like they use in the pubs in New England). As the beer will all be homebrew Scotch-style or Trappist-style, I figured the pull-style would be appropriate and a bit of fun.

I've been doing some light research and have found some sources for the equipment, but through beverage suppliers. (I'd love to do an old-style soda fountain as well, but we'll see what's in the budget...)

-greg

Glenise

Supporting Actor
Go to the 2nd page of the webshots community gallery to view the bar and concession stand.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks