Bannana plugs. Worth the money?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Troy_S, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Troy_S

Troy_S Agent

I'm hooking up Paradigm Monitor 7's, Atoms, and a CC-370 to a Denon 1802 Reciever with Monster Cable.

I've always just crimped the cable ends myself, and while it takes a bit longer and leaves me with sore finger tips I've never found fault in the sound.

Should I change to Bannana plugs since I'm changing to Monster cable? (which I got for free, always thought it was kind of a rip off)

TIA

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Whatever works best for you. I prefer the secure feeling of connecting speaker wire directly to the binding posts on either end. Banana plugs are convenient, but I just prefer the direct connection.

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne

4. Troy_S

Troy_S Agent

Thanks, if it wont result in any change in sound quality then I'll just keep doing it the old fashioned way.

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    While I mentally prefer the idea of a direct connection as well, I have relegated myself to the use of bananas for the convenience. I have never noticed any signal degredation and there are no stray wire strands. I'm using Monitor 5s/CC370 w/ Titans/CC170 as rears, and 2 pairs of Mini Monitors in a second system, all with bananas.

More or less, whatever you're comforable with.