Bandwidth for Liberty Interflex Z300...?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Vader, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Vader

Vader Supporting Actor

Derek
    Hi all,

I am trying to troubleshoot some video niose, and am trying to research the component cables I am using. I know that they are not the best, but until budget allows an upgrade, they are pretty much it. Thus far, I have been unable to find the bandwidth supported by Liberty Interflex Z300 cables. I was told that they are indeed 75 ohm, but I cannot confirm that either. Can anybody help? Thanks!

Peace... Derek

2. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

NI but email them or find their toll free number and they'll tell you.

3. Vader

Vader Supporting Actor

Derek
    Thanx Chu!

I could not get anywhere with Liberty itself, but I talked to a friend at SoundTrack who used to work for them. The Z300 cables are designed to carry COMPOSITE signals, and thus do not support the entire bandwidth used for COMPONENT. Will they work? Yes. But I will probably see some artifacting, just as I am... Time to upgrade cables...

Peace... Derek

4. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

I wish I could've given you a better answer Derek, and I'm actually a bit curious myself so I'll be sending them an inquiry. I've seen this composite/component thing used interchangeably before in ads. What I find kind of interesting about Liberty's offering is that they use a conductive polymer of some sort instead of foil. Usually you'll see braid over foil so this is a little new at least to me.