What's new

Bandwidth for Liberty Interflex Z300...? (1 Viewer)

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
Hi all,

I am trying to troubleshoot some video niose, and am trying to research the component cables I am using. I know that they are not the best, but until budget allows an upgrade, they are pretty much it. Thus far, I have been unable to find the bandwidth supported by Liberty Interflex Z300 cables. I was told that they are indeed 75 ohm, but I cannot confirm that either. Can anybody help? Thanks!

Peace... Derek

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
Thanx Chu!

I could not get anywhere with Liberty itself, but I talked to a friend at SoundTrack who used to work for them. The Z300 cables are designed to carry COMPOSITE signals, and thus do not support the entire bandwidth used for COMPONENT. Will they work? Yes. But I will probably see some artifacting, just as I am... Time to upgrade cables...

Peace... Derek

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I wish I could've given you a better answer Derek, and I'm actually a bit curious myself so I'll be sending them an inquiry. I've seen this composite/component thing used interchangeably before in ads. What I find kind of interesting about Liberty's offering is that they use a conductive polymer of some sort instead of foil. Usually you'll see braid over foil so this is a little new at least to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks