What's new

Band of brothers (1 Viewer)

Mark Rich

Second Unit
Has anyone heard if they will be releasing Band of Brothers in the future? Would love to have on DVD. If this question has been posted before then please ignore. Thanks

Paul W

Second Unit
Try a search in the TV SHows section. Also look in the archives for thedigitalbits.com. I believe this was mentioned as a possible 2Q2002 project.
------------------
Link Removed Paul Warren
Hey fella . . . I bet you're still livin' in your parent's cellar . . . downloading pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar . . . and posting "Me too!" like some brain-dead AOL-er . . . I should do the world a favor and cap ya' like Old Yeller . . . you're just about as useless as MPEGs [sic] to Hellen Keller.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Given HBO's history of releases I would pretty much guarantee a beautiful box set vis a vis The Sopranos and From the Earth to the Moon. The sad part is that it will actually be a step down in quality after watching it in 1080i HD.
frown.gif
Definitely a set I will add to my collection. Great series.
------------------
--Jay
"No one can hear when you're screaming in digital."
My Home Theatre Pictures...
"You're no messiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I will also be picking it up. I am very impressed by the series. I may even go so far as to say it's better than SPR...
------------------
"This is not a drill. This is the apocolypse!"
Link Removed

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
HBO has the controlling rights as to the eventual video release. I'm betting that we'll see this broadcast at least once more on HBO before it hits video...at least, DVD video.
And yes, the 1080i/DD 5.1 broadcast rules!
- Steve

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
The normal HBO channel was at least in widescreen with 5.1. I was in heaven. I can't wait for an anamorphic release.

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
Based on my experience with From the Earth to the Moon and The Sopranos, I'd count on another masterpiece of transfer and packaging.
As for it being better than Private Ryan, I've read more than one review calling it possibly the best thing ever made for television.
------------------
Andrew Hamm's new album Link Removed is available now!

Matt Taylor

Stunt Coordinator
Scott,
I'm a cable subscriber, and I get 1080i!!!
Time Warner Cable offers HDTV in my area of Kansas City!
Matt

P

Pieter_L

the combined HiDef 1080i quality & the stunning DD 5.1 made this one of the most intense viewing experiences yet. projected on a large FPTV system, it was all-involving.
the directionality of the DD 5.1 was of the best (maybe even the best?) i've ever heard, making the fighting sequences rival SPR - and giving one a small apreciation of what it must realy have been like to be surrounded by deafening, blasts, bullets, schrapnel, etc.
the scene in the woods w/ the exploding trees & the prison capture (crossing the river) sequences were especially well done
------------------

Seth T

Stunt Coordinator
::sniff::
Now it's over. The last episode was very anticlimatic. I'm ready to watch it all over again from the beginning, now that I'm a bit more familiar with the characters.
Please, oh please let the powers that be release it on DVD SOON. Next Tuesday will be fine with me.
wink.gif

Excellent series, I miss it already.
------------------
My Home Theatre

Tom Czr

Agent
Any talk of a DVD release?

And speaking of Spielbergs re-edits for DVD maybe he'll go back and redo that God awful NY skyline set from Episode1. Great series but that was a discrace.

Tom Czr

Agent
As far as an anticlimatic ending...it was a depiction of historical events...they are often anticlimatic. How were you planning to top the 101st's daring stand at Bastoigne? An alien invasion?

Maurice McCone

Stunt Coordinator
I share your desire to own the content of a future Band Of Brothers boxset. We in England were starved of the opportunity to hear this in 5.1 - just how good was the sound?

One caveat - my concern with the From the Earth to the Moon boxset from HBO,is that it has fallen apart ! I take great care with all my discs but this one is sitting with an elaastic band around it to keep it together...

Gruson

Second Unit
BOB was simply amazing.
The audio was INCREDIBLE. The 1080i picture was also amazing. The DVDs are going to be a step down for me but I will most likely be buying them because the series was very good (even though the last couple of episodes went down hill).
I really want to watch thm all again on HBO HD.
Perfect picture and sound. Explosions all around you and a major sub workout :)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
We in England were starved of the opportunity to hear this in 5.1 - just how good was the sound?
I'm sorry to hear this from our of our allies. :)
The sound ranged from acceptable to equaling or surpassing Saving Private Ryan. The exploding treetops in Bastogne (sp?) were incredible.
- Steve

Maurice McCone

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for the feedback on the sound - I and my friends cranked up the amp to make the most of the prologic signal.

You may be interested in the USA to know that although BOB was transmitted on the digital British SKY satellite network, we won't have 5.1 broadcasts until the end of the year.

Band Of Brothers was a huge success in Britain even though it was shown on the minor BBC2 channel; we are eagerly waiting for the final episode this Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks