Band of Brothers on MovieCentral

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gord Lacey, Sep 10, 2001.

1. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

I didn't feel this should be posted in the official BoB thread as it's not really about the mini-series, but how it was broadcast.
    How many others were PISSED that Movie Central decided to show the PAN AND F*CKIN' SCAN version of this mini-series?? I was _really_ looking forward to watching this, then almost barfed when the titles ended and the picture filled my entire screen.
    I'm calling these f*cknutts at MC and bitching them out. They need to change their slogan from "Movie Central, where movies come first" to "Movie Central, where we butcher the movie and put a bug on the screen"
    BLAH!!!!!!
    Gord [​IMG]

2. Steven Simon

Steven Simon Producer

Steven Simon
    Boy,
    Why don't you tell us how you really feel??
    ------------------
    Thanks,
    Steven R. Simon
    HTF Administrator
    Theater Pics Updated 7-26-2001
    Send Email: [email protected]

3. Marc Carra

Marc Carra Supporting Actor

Gord,
    Movie Central DID show BOB in widescreen last night- on their HD Channel. I watched BOB in 1080i HD last night on my *C system, and it was almost an orgasmic experience! After it was over, I was so hyped up, I couldn't get to sleep.
    Marc.
    [Edited last by Marc Carra on September 10, 2001 at 10:03 AM]

4. Mitty

Mitty Supporting Actor

Movie Central has an HD Channel? [​IMG]
    How long have I been asleep? What year is this?

5. Marc Carra

Marc Carra Supporting Actor

Mitty,
    On Starchoice it's 290 or 291(west). These channels don't alway show Movie Central programming, but when MC shows an HD program , it is simulcast in 1080i HD on 290,291.
    Marc.

6. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Well I spoke to Tom King at Movie Central and he said he'd talk to the head programming person and see if they even got a widescreen master that they could broadcast. He said he hardly watches MC because they show so few movies in widescreen AND he also complained about the bugs. He said that email actually does make a difference and urged people to write in if they're pissed.
    I'm going to be writing in [​IMG]

7. Gary Kellerman

Gary Kellerman Stunt Coordinator

Gord; On the main HBO channel here in the states, it was shown in letterbox. I believe HBO announced that a full screen version would be shown on another HBO channel. This is probably what you saw. I just was over at audioreview.com. One party listened to it in 5.1 D.D. and said the sound, particulaly the battle scene to destroy the large guns was quite good. The audio on my cable company needs adjustment at the front end for HBO for a small boost and minor balancing. I thought the sound was quite good on that battle scene as well even in MTS Dolby Surround.
    I am hopeful that you and other fellow Canadians win your battle over the logo crap with Movie Central to eliminate this desecration over ones viewing of a Pay TV channel.