What's new

Band of Brothers on Blue Ray (1 Viewer)

hampsteadbandit

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
rob cole
what can I say but...WOW !

Having owned and absolutely loved, and enjoyed watching Band of Brothers on DVD

I read some great reviews about the Blue Ray edition of Band of Brothers and dutifully traded in my DVD boxset (for Gladiator on Blue) and purchased the Blue Ray set at a killer price from a large on-line retailer who shall remain nameless

only watched the first 2 episodes, but within minutes of watching the first episode "kurahee" I was gobsmacked by the increase in clarity, detail and atmosphere

with some of the movies I have traded from DVD to Blue, it has not really made much difference to the overall experience, especially with a good up-scaling Blue Ray player

but the difference in picture quality with Band of Brothers from DVD to Blue is very noticeable, I also tried some of the special feature on the first disc and the feature where the veterans "pop up" (picture in picture) at key points was very cool

Band of Brothers is an awesome show, and upping the picture quality has made it even better

I guess if you have an average movie, it does not add much (moving from SD to HD) but for an awesome show its even better?

Shane D

Supporting Actor
in his defense i can't find anything anymore with search's on the new forum. course it could be my browser at work is so outdated it doesnt render right anymore, but searching is a pain.

hampsteadbandit

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
rob cole
I admit I forgot the "-" when I searched for BOB on Blue

the search came up with some very old news, and nothing in the forum

great boxset!!

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Actually, the misspelling to which he was referring was the addition of the letter "e" at the end of "Blu".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks